Chapter 28 - F*CK! WHAT WAS THAT?!

Both Iida and I got off the train to be greeted by Manual. He wasn't in his hero costume and was wearing casual clothes. Once he saw us, he waved over to us, and we walked over to him. Manual greeted us, "hello, Iida and Dent".

"Hello, Manual", Iida replied.

"Hey, also you can call me (Y/n)".

"Alright, now follow me to my agency". We followed behind Manual through the city. Reaching the agency, he showed us around, which took most of the day. We finally finished, and Manual leads us to your separate rooms. "So, these are your rooms. You two can get unbacked, and we can get dinner".

He left the two of us, and I turned over Iida; however, he entered his room before I could say anything to him. Walking into my room, I saw that it was a simple room. In it were single twin with a desk, drawer, and a window looking over the city. Throwing my suitcase and bag on the bed, I look out the window. I could see people as they pass.

Leaving my room, I joined Manual in the front room with some of his sidekicks. While walking over, I heard Iida entering the room behind me. Manual turned to us and waved, "Hey guys, you hungry?".

"Yup", I reply, and Iida nods. The two of us follow Manual as he leads us to a quiet restaurant hidden in part of the city. The three of us sit down and order as Manual talks.

"Sorry, I know it's not the nicest place, but the food is fantastic, and the owners are nice".

Iida and I say it's okay while the food came. We eat our food, and Manual pays as we leave. The three of us walk through the city as we talk and make jokes. Reaching the agency, Iida and I head back to your rooms, and I decided to look out the window to people watch.

While watching, I saw a short shady guy entering an alley, and I'm curious, so I decided to follow. Teleporting down, I follow behind the person and look into the alleyway.

The short person was talking with a tall man wearing a plague mask. Next to him were more guys wearing a plague mask and one guy wearing a bag. While watching, I heard a guy wearing a green and purple coat say, "Did they agree to help finance us".

"No", the short guy said, "Unless they get some of the bullets themselves, will they".

The green coat guy groaned, "Idiots... Very well, we will start to produce the bullets, and in a few months, we will start selling".

"Months?", the gigantic guy said.

"Yes, we still haven't perfected the recipe, and if we start selling without it working perfectly, then we'll lose any hope of getting support".

The others agreed, and I realize that one of them isn't there. "Now, who are you?", I heard behind me. Turning around, I came face to face with one of the guys wearing a plague doctor mask, a white hooded jacket, and long black boots. They picked me up by my throat, "Don't you know it's rude to eavesdrop". Dragging me into the alley, the other guys in noticed me. Now, I was sitting on the ground with a group of people staring at me. "They were watching us. What should we do with them?".

The green jacket man looked over to a guy with a hat and nodded to them. The person with the hat stepped forward and said, "What are you doing here".

I didn't want to answer, but I did, "I saw the short person walking into this alley looking shady, and I'm really curious".

"You curiously killed the cat".

"I know, it's going to be my downfall one day".

"Well, that day is sooner than you think", the man with the green coat said. He stepped forward and started to remove his glove. Without thinking, I teleported to the entrance of the alley. We all just stared at one another, and I started running. I could hear them running after me, and I was about to teleport away when I heard a loud sound and felt a pain in my back.

Falling on the ground, I turned to see a bullet with a needle on it. I teleported and... I didn't teleport... WHY CAN I NOT TELEPORT! The guys reached me and grabbed me. The one that caught me was one of the real guys with a large amount of hair spilling out of his mask. They brought me to another alley and placed me in front of the guy with a green jacket.

I shook with fear as he kneeled. He stared at me, and confidence filled this eyes, "Can you use your quirk. I sat silently with fear as the jacket guy motioned for the other big guy with less hair to come over. The big guy grabbed my head and started to squeeze my head.

It started light, but it turned into a shooting pain that brought pain throughout my whole body. "no. NO. I can't!", I shouted. Thankfully the big guy stopped, and the pain was less.

"What should we do with them", the guy who found me said.

"We'll use them to see how our bullets are doing".

"Then what should we do with them after that".

"Can I eat them", the guy with a bag on his head said.

"No... We need a living example of your bullets working".

"But what if they tell someone?", the hood guy said.

"Hmm...".

Hat guy walked over and asked, "Who are you?".

"I'm (Y/n) Dent. I'm a first-year UA student. I was born in America to the #2 hero Transport".

"Well... We could use them to get some money", the jacket guy said. "How much do you think your family would pay to get you back?". I looked in fear as his gold eyes stare at me. Fear course through me and all I could think about was going back to the room at Manual's agency.

Then I landed safely on the twin-size bed with a thud. I try to calm down as I curl into the fetal position while still shaking. Holy sh*t, what was that! Why couldn't I use my quirk? What the hell was in that bullet. Should I tell anybody about this? Would anybody believe me? I don't know if I would believe anybody who said to me that someone stops their quirk with a bullet? What the f*ck was that. Why do I keep doing this to myself? I keep putting myself in bad situations where I almost die. Wait... I ALMOST DIED! I ALMOST GOT HELD FOR RANSOM! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

I decide to sleep and hopefully forget about what just happened.

Overhaul POV

I watch as she teleports away, and I groan. The bullets don't last that long... We'll have to work on that.

"Sir...", Chronostasis said, "What should we do?".

"Leave them".

"What! She could-".

"She's not going to do anything. She doesn't know anything about us, and no one will believe her".

Thinking about it, she had a teleporting quirk. That could be useful; teleport quirks are quite rare. I should keep an eye on her. "Let us get going", I say while leaving the alley. The rest follow me as we reach our car.

Thanks for 17K reads! Also, I have the SAT next weekend, and I'm not excited.