Chapter 3 - Goal: Make a Friend

The three of us arrived at Endeavors agency and we were standing outside the building. We walk in and Dad goes to the front desk as the receptionist quickly seems to call up who I assume is Endeavor. I stood behind Dad and Griffin since I really didn't want to have to talk to Endeavor. Then I heard loud footsteps walking towards us and quieter ones getting drowned out. I looked past Griffin and see the cold glare of Endeavor and a boy standing next to him. He had dual tone hair that reminded me of a peppermint and two different color eyes with a big scar on his face. And let's just say that my curiosity has peaked. How did he get that scar? Alright, today's task is to learn how he got that scar. 

Dad walked up to Endeavor and they shook hands and started to talk on another as Griffin steps up next to Dad and joins the conversation. I look over to the boy who was staring lazily at his father. I stared at him until he finally noticed me. We made eye contact for ten seconds but it felt much longer than that. He gave me a very confused and annoyed look as Dad, Griffin, and Endeavor start to walk off without us. The boy was about to follow but I grabbed his arm and smiled at him. "What do you want", he snarled at me. He is definitely Endeavor's son with those cold eyes that staring into my soul. 

Alright (Y/n) focus you can't get distracted. It's probably really personal what happened so I am gonna have to become friends with him if I want to know. I took a deep breath and said, "Hi! I'm (Y/n) Dent", reaching out my hand. 

He awkwardly stretched his hand out, "Hi... I'm... Shoto Todoroki". He turns his head to the side and looks back at me, "They have already left we should follow".

"I don't think they care so why don't we do our own thing".

"No we should-", As he started to walk I grabbed his arm and teleported away. There is a park on the way to my house that I saw yesterday while driving in the cab, so I decide that we were going to the park. We landed at the front of the park and he gave me a very confused look, "Where are we?".

"A... park...", I said out of breath.

"We can't just... We have to..." he looked so dumbfounded as he tried to stutter out a reply. 

I grabbed his hand and started to walk away. He just followed behind me continuing to stutter stuff I couldn't hear. I looked around and saw an ice cream stand. I turn to him and asked, "do you want vanilla or chocolate?". He didn't reply so I let go of his hand and walked over to the stand, "I'm getting you vanilla". I go up to the stand and order before paying and heading back over to Todoroki. He looked at the ice cream before taking it and continued to just stare at it. 

With my now free hand and lead him over to a bench. We sat down as I started eating and he just said, "Did you just kidnap me?".

"Yes. Now eat the ice cream", He just looked at me before starting to eat his ice cream. 

About halfway through eating I realized the mistake I made by getting ice cream in the middle of winter. I looked over to him and he was just fine. I asked him, "How are you not cold?".

"I can regulate my body temperature with my quirk".  We continue to talk until we finish our ice cream. Then we started to walk around the park until we found a play park. For an hour we played on the play park and now we start sitting on swings making jokes. "Thanks for doing to bring me. This has been a great birthday".

"WAIT! It's your birthday! Why didn't you tell me!".

"I never really had a birthday".

"Why?".

He paused before replying, "my dad doesn't care about me. He had me create the perfect hero. He abused me and my siblings and my mom for years".

"I'm sorry. Wait, is that why you have that scar on your face". I quickly put my hands over my mouth, "Sorry for bringing that up! It must be very sensitive".