Chapter 27 - Hero Informatics

That's right, double upload. This chapter is to make up for last week. Sorry, something last minute came up.

I woke up from my peaceful sleep to the sound of screaming from the neighbors. Going through my usual morning routine, I left my house and meet up with Bakugo. The two of us walk together while we talked. It was a pretty plain morning except when we got on the train. As we rode, someone noticed us, "Wow! That's Bakugo and Dent!".

"Really!? Oh my gosh! It is! Great job at the sports festival".

"Aww. Thanks", I said.

Bakugo just grunted, and I elbowed him in the ribs. "Thanks...", he finally said.

For the rest of the ride, we got compliments and praises. We got off the train and headed for UA.

I walked over to the vending machine and see Shinso. Running up to him, I greeted him, and he jumped in surprise, "hey, Shinso".

He turned around and awkwardly greeted me, "Oh. Umm... Hi...".

"You did awesome at the sports festival".

"Thanks...".

"Your quirk is super cool".

"Really? You don't find it scary?".

"What! No. It's a powerful quirk".

"I wished others agreed with you".

"They do. I mean, my Dad would love to have someone that powerful working for him".

"Really?".

"Yeah", At that point, he had already gotten his coffee, and I had just gotten mine. "If you end up continuing to work towards being a hero, I know my family would be interested in working with you". Before walking away, I saw his eyes light up.

Taking my seat, some other students started to come in talking about how people recognizing them. I listened and looked at the phone. Scrolling through articles, I found out that the hero attacked in Hosu was Iida's brother. Poor Iida.

Finally, the whole class came in, and everyone was talking about getting noticed. Then Mr. Aizawa came in, and our class went silent. Finally, He had those bandages taken off. That's nice since now I'm not staring at a mummy. "We have a big class today on hero informatics".

Oh no. That sounds hard. My heart was racing out of my chest.

"You need code names. Time to pick your hero identity".

"This is going to be awesome!", we screamed; however, Mr. Aizawa stopped us.

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks I was talking about the last time we were in class together. Normal students don't have to worry about the drafts, not until their second or third year, but your class is different. But your class is different. By extending offers to you, a pro is investing in your potential. However, any offer can be rescinded, if their interest in you dies down".

"Stupid, selfish adults".

Then Mr. Aizawa pulled up the list of offers. "In past years, it had been more spread out; however, this year theirs a pretty big gap".

"AH! That's not fair".

"What about the real star, mwuh".

"Todoroki got the most. Ahead of Bakugo".

"Yeah, it's the opposite of how they placed in the festival".

"They probably weren't excited to have to work with the guy that had to chain up at the end".