Chapter 38 - Rip

It's summer for me, guys! (Sorry for everyone who is still stuck in school) This means that the update wouldn't have to push back anymore. Sorry about this one being late. Finals. But it's out! Since I'm not don't writing about the movie you're getting this and the next chapter.

(Y/n) POV

I started to walked through the store to get some food. Grabbing some of the something when I heard right next to me, "Nejire, those are dog treats."

"They are?"

I had to stop myself from laughing. Glancing over, I saw a group of three people: one with blonde hair, one with periwinkle hair, and one with indigo hair. However, while looking, the blonde one noticed and waved at me. I waved back and continued shopping.

Finished shopping, I enter the check-out line and saw that the group of three was in front of me in line. I started to place my ideas on the conveyor belt.

I paid for my grocery and started to leave the store. While leaving, I heard a "RIP!"

Looking down, all of my stuff was on the ground. I started to pick up my stuff. Then the blonde guy from before came over and started helping me. He placed some of my things on a nearby table. I turned to him and said, "thanks for your help."

"Of course! Do you need so more help? You got a lot of stuff there."

That's when I noticed that he was wearing a UA shirt. "Do you go to UA?"

"Yeah, I'm a third-year."

"So do I. I'm a first-year."

"Really?"

Then the other two people walked over. "Hey stranger, how's your stuff?" The one with long hair said.

"Should be fine. Thankfully, I didn't buy anything too fragile."

The blonde guy then popped in, "They go to UA."

Then her eyes lit up, and she got closer to me, "really?! What year are you?! What class are you in?! What's your quirk?! Do you know about-?"

"Nejire, your gonna overwhelmed them."

"Oh, sorry."

He playfully punched her arm and looked at me, "Hi, I'm Mirio Togata."

The girl pushed him and said, "Hi, I'm Nejire Hado!" The last guy shuffled in his clothes and looked at the floor. "That is Tamaki Amajiki. He hates talking to people."

"Nejire." He said.

"I'm (Y/n) Dent, but please call me (Y/n). I'm a first-year in class 1A." I said.

"Oh! So you're in the class that got attacked!" Hado said in a way too enthusiastic voice.

"Yeah..."

"Nejire!" Mirio said while lightly pouting at her.

"Oh! That was probably really scarring. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I said while scratching the back of my neck.

"Sorry about her." Togata said, "She doesn't have a filter."

"I DO!"

"I doubt that."

"Guys," Amajiki mumbled.

"Why?"

"You just told someone they had trauma."

"Guys."

"I'm just saying what I think is true."

"But you're not thinking before you say it."

"Guys." They finally noticed him and stopped talking. "The... Movie."

"OH! Right. It's 11:30. We got thirty minutes."

Amajiki and Hado started to walk off, but Togata stayed.

"You need any more help."

"Nah, I think I'm good."

"Alright."

He awkwardly shuffled around. "Do you want to ask me something?"

"I know we just meet, but you seem cool, and I was wondering if you want to come to the movie with my friends and me? I could pay for your ticket."

"Uhh... I need put up my grocery, but yeah sure." (PSA stranger danger)

"We're going to Star Movie Theater. I can meet you there?"

He left and grabbed some of my stuff, and teleported home. After three trips, I landed outside the store. I made my way to the theater and saw Togata and his friends in through the window.

I walked faster and met up with them. "Hey, where you waiting that long?" I asked.

"Nope, and here," He passed me a ticket to a (favorite/movie/genre) movie that I haven't heard of before.

"We were going to watch Jigsaw, but Amajiki was too scared."

"No, I wasn't."

"Last time we watched a horror movie, you had to leave ten minutes in." He didn't reply and just turned away.

"Anyways," Togata cut in, "we should go to our seats."

"Why do you guys get here so early?" I asked.

"We like to get good seats." Hado chimed in.

I followed the three of them into the theater, and we made the way to our seats. I sat next to Togata while he sat next to Amajiki, who was next to Hado. Togata passed out snacks to everyone, and we thanked him.

The four of us chatted while other people filed inside. We stopped talking, and the movie started.

The beginning of the movie was good. However, I don't remember the rest since I fell asleep halfway through. The thing that woke me back up was loud ending music.

We walked out of the theater and decided to head to a nearby park to talk.

Togata was pushing Hado's buttons about something, and I was talking to Amajiki. Well... Trying. Any time I would ask him something, he would stutter and turn away. "So, third years do I internship?"

"Yeah..."

"What does that mean?"

"You work with... A hero... Outside of school..."

"Like work studies."

"Yeah..."

"Hey, guys!" Hado shouted, "I gotta go! My parents want me home. Bye!" She raised her hand and waved to us before leaving.

Togata looked at his phone and said, "I should be going home too. See you guys!" Then he walked off, leaving me with Amajiki.

"I should probably be heading home. Bye Ama-."

"Wait!" He took a step closer to me but then quickly scrunched up. "I... I..." He closed his eyes and leaned his head so that all I could see was his hair, "I think c-cute."

"..."

"And I know... We just meet, but I t-think that your... Cute. So... Do you want to see a movie? Well, we just saw a movie-"

I cut him off there, "I'm sorry. I can't. I'm... Just not interested in dating right now. We can still be, friends though."

He nodded(I think), and we went our separate ways.

Tamaki POV

I walk away from you with my head hung low. I could feel the tries starting to roll down my face. I just meet her, so I don't know why I'm so miserable. At least we can still be friends after this. I think back to your conversation, "not interested in dating right now." Right now. Maybe there is hope for the future.

Mirio POV

I leave you with Tamaki. I think back to the movie. About halfway through, I felt something against my shoulder. Looking over, I saw that you had fallen asleep on me. I laughed to myself but made sure not to wake you. You woke near the end and didn't notice that you were leaning on me.