Climbing Memories

(A/N)

Merry Christmas! I don't really have a Christmas special as I suck with those, but hey, I think I might do something weird. For anyone who wants to, ask me anything about this story that you want to know, and I'll answer them without spoiling anything. You could do it... and you also don't have to. Just something I'd do for now and maybe the future. 

Enjoy ! 

"So what will it be, Shinzou Haru? Since you asked for it, how do you want to die?" Her eyes glittered with a cold presence of shine. Her eyes were cold, lifeless, and overall terrifying. She didn't appear this harsh when we first met, so what changed?

"..." I couldn't stop my body from shaking from her overwhelming presence. I hadn't felt this before when I was dead, but since I'm alive, it makes sense as to how I'm feeling the pressure. I didn't think that she would appear so suddenly. I don't even have anything to protect myself...!

"Is there something wrong, Haru? If you don't decide, then I will. It took a long time managing to obtain a human form and getting here, so it will be respectful for you to hurry up and decide." Human form? Nevermind that, she's getting irritated and impatient, so it's best if I just answer already.

"...I respect you for wanting to fulfill my wish, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to postpone it." She lowered her scythe and looked at me with incredulous eyes.

"What?! You want me to postpone it?! What happened to wishing for death from me?! Are you telling me that you don't want to die anymore?!" I could feel the pressure rising in that single moment.

"...No, it's not that I don't want to die anymore," I raised my arm to scratch the back of my head. "It's that I can't die as of right now. I need to do something important before I call in the towel. If anything, you can use this extra time to--"

Right then and there, I felt as though I lost a part of myself. From the soft feeling that I had felt my hair... had disappeared so suddenly.

"What...?" It felt as though time was slowing down. The sight of blood clouded my vision, making me turn my head to see what caused the sudden bleeding.

My right arm had been cut off.

"ACKAAAAAAAGAHHH!" The pain was unbearable. I bent on a knee and continued screaming. Tears started to pour from my eyes and saliva started to come from my mouth. My head started to ache, and I couldn't feel my legs.

"I don't have time to listen to your reason, Haru. Make this easy for me as much as I would like to make this easy for you." I couldn't respond, my throat started to hurt from the screaming, and I couldn't just run.

"I told you that I will fulfill my promise. And for that to happen, you have to die." As I looked up to see her raising her scythe above my head, I could see the coldness in her eyes. She had gotten used to this because she was a grim reaper.

But for someone who was used to killing, why did her mouth curve downwards?

"KIKKERIKII~!" The voice of someone familiar had come from above, having us both look up to see a familiar orange clothed woman jumping down towards us with a sword in hand. Clicking her tongue, Calli-san had jumped backwards before the ground erupted beneath us as the person landed on the ground. As I landed on my back, I could see the same beautiful orange hair brighten ahead of me.

"Long time no see, Haru~! As much as you want to hide and do whatever you want, I'll always be on this planet to find you~!" She chirped happily.

"Stupid Bird, what are you doing here? You better have another reason other than wanting to stop me." Calli-san sneered as a welcoming greeting.