At The Welcome Mat

(A/N)

(It's Christmas somewhere for you all, so Merry Christmas. It's not for me, so here's an early Christmas gift from me. Besides, I don't want to bother you all when it's a special day! Uh... It's a regular chapter. I couldn't think of a special to make for this as I forgot that this was Christmas week. So sorry, but I hope you can enjoy the holiday with your families!

Happy Holidays from me again people.)

"Hello." My eyes narrowed at the woman outside my house. I didn't spare to speak out in the moment as I feared that my displeasure was going to be shown in a single sentence.

After coming back from the bar with Calli in the afternoon, she was given a lecture by Mio herself about taking me to the bar when she learned where we went. I wasn't at the drinking age, so I only drank water while Calli had her fun at the time.

I relaxed for a bit, and now here I am. Standing at the door with an unwelcome familiar face.

Time. Or rather, Kronii.

She stood in front of me with her usual uninterested demeanor with her arms crossed and waited for me to respond.

"...Do you need something from me?" I maintained a relatively calm tone. As much as I didn't want to pass her off, I was not in the perfect to speak to the one who killed one of my friends and almost killed another one.

"To talk. I'm not here for anything else but for talking." No matter if there was a weapon I could see on the ground of hers would show her intentions, I still didn't exactly trust her.

And if said no, then I doubt this will be the last time I see her.

Especially when I have learned that Amelia is still somehow alive.

I looked behind me to see if there was anyone there. I didn't want anyone panicking, and I especially don't want Gura to notice her.

Telling someone that I'm about to talk with her could potentially cause panic. But just leaving without telling anyone would cause more panic. I could possibly lose my life to her if I let my guard down, and then Mumei will...

Should I tell someone? Who could make this situation better than it needs to be?

Mio?

Kiara?

Fubuki?

"For the love of God." Snapping her fingers in front of me, I was prepared for something to happen, but nothing came.

"What...?" She huffed out a sigh as she started to walk away from me.

"Froze time. Now hurry on up and let's go." I wasn't exactly in a hurry as I noticed that the leaves of some trees had remained in place. There was no wind that I could feel, and no was sound that came around me. It was like there was nothing around was making a single sound.

"Wait!" Seeing that the only person that caused this was walking away from me, I had started to run after her. She could've basically trapped me in this state for all of my life.

The only thing that I could do is to at least listen to what to wants to talk about.

Here's to hoping nothing serious happens while we talk.

After catching up to her, she kept her arms crossed and her demeanor didn't change in the slightest. How does she expect me to say something to her when she looks like she's had enough of everything?

...

...

Not a single word was shared during the walk in the woods. There was no use in trying to take in the view since everything was essentially frozen in time.