Arc 2 Finale

(A/N) Important notes at the bottom.

The walk home had been tiring. Even when I wasn't able to restore any limbs that would be cut off, it doesn't hide the fact that I'm absolutely tired. If only my endurance was immortal as well.

"Yo dayo~! You all look worn out! And it's seven at night right now! Was Mumei so strong that it took you guys all day?! Aww, now I wish I could've come along! Wait, why is she here?!" Ayame's energetic as always. She had no hesitation when she saw her behind us. Her blades of crimson were out and she was well prepared for a fight. 

" Not right now, Ayame-chan. Let's just talk in the morning, okay?" While hesitant, Ayame put her blades away to Mio's voice. She probably didn't know if Mumei was actually on our side or not. 

Well, she has no choice in the matter. Her life was basically tied to my heart. 

"...Where's Calli-san?" Her voice almost sounded like she was demanding her whereabouts. She must think that Mumei did something to her. A lot of us didn't know where she went while Mio and I were fighting. 

"She's fine, really! Her teacher is probably giving her an ear-full right now." Kiara had easily answered to break the confusion. Ayame nodded, not allowing her eyes to leave the concept who was also in the room. 

"Ayame-chan, what about that assassin? Did they try anything?" Mio asked, to which Ayame's eyes widened as she was just reminded of the reason why we left her to guard the building. 

"Oh yeah! They tried to sneak their way inside, but they were terrible at it! They couldn't have been the same person that attacked Haru and me!" Huh, it wouldn't be a surprise if there were more than one assassin, but if it was the same one… It's hard to understand how you could be terrible at your job. 

"And… That's it? Did you kill them? At least tell us that you got their identity or something. I would've just beat them into a pulp and tied them up!" Coco crossed her arms as she voiced her opinion. She seemed a bit in her usual mood, but the fake and forced smile had made me clench my hands until I stopped shortly. 

Ayame shook her head as she pulled something out of her white hoodie with a bit of red in some areas. Such as bringing out a card of some sort from her red pocket. "They left this before they just ran away. I couldn't see what she looked like either since she was wearing some weird stupid mask. Peh! A warrior should never hide their face from their enemies! But anyway, here you go." 

Considering that it was an assassin, I doubt they would show their face. 

After taking a look at the card, it was nothing special. All that it said was "X Society". Don't know what that was, but considering that they wanted to capture me, I doubt they were anything good. 

…Everything was out to either kill me or capture me nowadays. Whether I know them or not.

"Thanks. I'll be… heading up right now. I'll see everyone in the morning." I didn't bother to look back to see everyone's reactions as I was just tired. Yeah, just tired right now. 

When I headed inside my room, I went straight to the mirror that was on the wall and sat down on the chair that was in front of it. Almost as if it was waiting for me to just sit there and stare at myself. 

And that I did. 

I stared at myself. 

Not from the face of the body I was inhabiting, but the project that was me. 

I was a machine that was meant to bring peace and save humanity in a previous world. And yet, the creator's friend had betrayed them and destroyed humanity.