Do I Have Your Word?

"Guys, I think we're safe to go now!" Korone and Okayu were in charge of making sure that they were clear to go outside, while Kiara and Mio had been trying to gather some information as to what the computer was actually there for.

"Alright! I think it's about time we get going, Mio." Mio didn't respond at first as she had been scouting through the computer without listening to the world surrounding her.

"Mio!" Mio's body jolted, along with her tail, had jolted a bit before turning to Kiara with a dazed expression.

"Y-Yes?!" Kiara, with her hands on her hips had pouted before speaking again.

"I know that whatever this project they had and whoever Su "actually" are linked with one another, but we're not going to get anything else from this bucket of bolts." It was Mio's turn to pout.

"But there has to be some meaning behind "Kingdom" and "Tampered". I know that we have little information, but... It's a stretch of a guess, but I think that this project that they had was tampered; Inevitably failing and... a loss of data to not be retrieved." Kiara shrugged her shoulders, wanting to give up on the whole confusing matter.

While they had both been working together to figure things out with the computer, Kiara was one that got too confused with the information they were receiving. It was as if she was learning about an entire different world from what was provided like materials, environmental life, and whatever they it mentioned about some robots.

"Well, regardless if it was tampered with or not, I doubt that this thing is important. I mean, what does this have to do with Mumei wanting to do whatever she wants?" Kiara's question had made Mio ponder a bit with hesitation. Even if it doesn't really seem related with Mumei, there was something about that Su name being mentioned by her and the computer that made her want to look into it some more.

"But..." Mio wanted to spend more time on this so she could finally find the answer to the relationship between Mumei and Su, but a part of her told her that every second she wastes being here, the more worry grows for the safety of everyone else.

"Mio." Mio hadn't noticed that Okayu and Korone had stood in front of her. Both of them smiling to reassure her worries.

"It's going to be okay! Haru's going to be okay, no matter what happens!" Korone's developed care-free attitude made Mio's hand twitch in surprise.

"Worrying and worrying about these things will only make you stressed. We all worry for everyone's safety, but if we don't get moving, then they'll be in danger. I'm a cat but I won't be able to nap unless everyone's safe." Okayu had been one to laze around, especially when they were younger. But after being saved, even when she still retains that laziness, she had grown a sense of responsibility.

Whether if it was due to Mio's motherly care for her or if it was due to the time she spent in the lab, she had grown.

No.

Both of them had grown.

But while they had grown past her, she felt as though she was only one there, still wanting to care of everyone and everything just like she did for Fubuki, Korone, and Okayu.

"I... think I-" She had cut off Fubuki's words from her head, not wanting to listen to them again. Fubuki had grown as well, way beyond and at a rate that Mio didn't expect her to do. But even so...

"Thank you. Kiara, Korone, Okayu... Let's go find everyone." She had taken one last look at the computer, mentally saying goodbye to it as everyone in the room started to leave out.

Perhaps the computer symbolized something to cling to. A past of some sort. A want to have everything how it once was. However she couldn't stay there for too long. For then, time would slowly move on, leaving her behind in a world that's been lost and forgotten.