Black And White Rooftop

When the dispatched group came back home, I couldn't help but show my concern for what was found out in that building. Mumei was as normal as she was, Chloe had discomfort written all over her face, and Kiara was clearly annoyed for some reason.

But I didn't get my answers as to what happened during the operation until later on.

"That little fucking shit! How dare they play with our minds all for some fucking letter!" An enraged phoenix was all that we could see. Voicing her aggression towards the mysterious person in question and cursing up a scorched storm.

Luckily, Calli was one who had experienced this side of Kiara the longest out of all of us. Well, kind of. She took it to herself to do the only thing she did know how to do in order to stop this enraged phoenix.

The moment her was in her hands, it took the reasoning power of both Mio and me in order to stop her from doing something crazy.

Her "it's to cool her down" reasoning made me believe that she was doing this for a pun, or she clearly lacked some common sense to calm Kiara down. Calli was sure that if she didn't stop her now, then Kiara will surely get heated enough to light herself on fire. With that kind of outcome soon to come, I had to think of ways to calm down this phoenix.

But before I could get a word out, a bubble of water splashed over her head, leaving her entire silhouette to be drenched in water.

Moving her wet bangs out of her eyes and looking at Gura, the source of where the water came from, could only word what she felt at the moment.

"Thank you, Gura." And that was greeted by a sharky grin.

"No problem!"

Well, at least she was calmed down at least.

"So... Mind explaining what got you so fired up?" Taking the envelope that she had slammed on the table, she took the letter out of it and showed it to me.

"It's an invitation to a special occasion that's happening the day after tomorrow. Some heads of companies and rich guys are going to be there. Whoever this bitch is, they want me to go there even when I had no interest in the first place." This was definitely a trap. They were smart enough to know that we were going to find that envelope...

"Still going when this is obviously a trap? Sad to say this, but looks like you're the only one that can go, too. We won't be able to help from inside." Kiara shrugged off Calli's worry and sighed.

"Of course it's a trap! But if I don't go, we might not get any leads for that stupid organization, right, Haru?" I nodded my head, but I was a bit reluctant agreeing fully. I'll just voice my opinion, though.

"Yeah, but I'd rather not risk something happening to you, though. Like Calli said, you'll be there alone without our help." She didn't hesitate to brush off my concerns as well.

"Oh, come on! It's not like she hired every single person there to attack me! And I don't believe that they're willing to risk being seen by normal people." She... had a point there, but I still think it's risky.

"Why don't we just we just watch from afar then? Get some binoculars and watch the stupid thing on a building. And if it was a trap, then boom, we fly in and knock those idiots off their feet!" From Gura's suggestion, everyone in the room stared at her.

"What?" From the gazes, her face flushed in embarrassment.

"It's not a bad plan, per say. Takanashi-san, are you sure that this is fine for you to do? I'm asking because I can do the planning for the occasion, so don't worry about the stress of doing what we did today again." Takane-san wanted to do the planning, huh? I might help out when I get the chance since it's already enough for one person to do such a thing.