A Losing Battle

(A/N)

...I finally got something out. Truth be told, I wasn't expecting to do so since it's been rough for me mentally. I am planning on doing things differently for me from now on to be more healthier, so I hope that can last long.

Please enjoy.

Ah, and I have decided that a book cover will be the thing I will do for 4k votes, almost 100k views(don't know if long time) and the 100th chapter.

Because of how special I want to make this, I'm going to delay it a bit. I don't think that it's going to be something you all will expect.

..

...

I promised that I wouldn't die anymore.

I promised that I wouldn't fight alone.

And now, fully knowing that I'm going behind those promises... I feel nothing.

Wasn't I supposed to feel regret?

Anguish?

Sadness?

"××××!" I don't even know if words were coming from out of my mouth at this point. This... transformation or whatever this is to the phoenix form of mine wasn't always like this. At first, anger was my drive for the concepts' destruction. But after being able to freely use it, I  thought it was really cool to be able to fly to easily...

And now, here I am, fighting like a wild animal, trying to at least take her down with force. And yet, not a single thing was working against her.

But I knew that nothing was going to work against Mumei. Who was I actually kidding here? Me, someone who only got brought into this stuff for a couple of months, against a being that's existed for eons.

I would become the entire circus at that point.

I had been slammed to the ground by a giant robot and yet I'm still alive. I was in somewhat of a crater and all I could see is dust from the aftermath of my body slamming to the ground. No longer was I in my phoenix form as I was in too much pain to maintain it.

"Do you finally yield, Su?!" She towered before me, knowing full well that this whole farce was for naught. She knew that I had no chance of defeating her, and yet she still chose to hold the hoop for the lion.

Such a fool I am for anyone's enjoyment.

But even then...

I grabbed my axe that laid on the ground right next to me while I heard a few cracks in my body as I started to get right back up. I think I might've broken my ribs...

There was no need to give her my answer. She should've gotten her answer the moment I picked my weapon back up. I wish I could've sat down and think more about my options, but I doubt I would have those chances. I just need to think of something while fighting. Hopefully everyone got out okay...

When I turned my tired head to the tower that Kurokami had returned to...

Only to see that half of the tower had collapsed.

...

...

...

"What did I say about controlling your emotions?"  There was a fire within me that been put out nearly instantaneously.