Moonlight

"Honestly, Haru, I know that our goal is to make sure that other supernatural beings is safe and sound, but I don't think... we're going to have much space at this pace."

"Sorry, Kiara-chan. I guess we're going to have to think of a more safer place than here..."

Well, the basement seemed like the best place for her for the time being; a bigger space for Coco-chan to be more... her.

"More than anything, I find it to be uncomfortable that... Rushia-chan will be monitoring me for now on. She's planning on having today as a sleep-over, so is that okay with you, Kiara-chan?" She rubbed her chin in confusion.

"Wait, isn't this Rushia-chan person that necromancer that tried to kill you some time ago? You two were at odds before, and here you are saying her first name like you two were friends for a long time." I could only scratch the back of my head.

"Yeah... but for now, we kind of settled our odds. I wouldn't say that we're fully developed "friends" per say."

"But what if she stabs you in the back?"

"I appreciate your concern, Kiara-chan, but I don't think she needs to. She needs me to find my dad, and I need her to observe me and make sure I don't end up blowing up or something dangerous like that."

"I think you're too trusting, Haru. I don't trust her that much to let her sleep in my house and probably kill you when you're sleeping."

"I don't suppose you'll want to sleep in my room to make sure that doesn't happen, right?"

"I think that's Mio-chan's job."

"Well, I'm not as weak as I was before, so I wouldn't worry so much. I'm not confident in matching up to Rushia-chan's abilities, but I at least have some counter measures for escaping."

"Alright, I'll trust your word, Haru."

We stood downstairs and watched the moonlight  reflect from the glass window in front of us. It almost reminded me of the day where Mio-chan and I became a thing.

Not that I would imply Kiara-chan would become a thing; especially when I am already taken.

"Say, Kiara-chan?" When she turned her head to me, the feather from her hair glistened.

"Hm?"

"Have you... ever thought that you were the last of your kind?" I doubt there aren't anymore phoenixes in the world, but it will be something to know what Kiara-chan thinks about this topic.

"Like other phoenixes? Well, I'm sure that I had the thought before, I just can't remember when I did." I forgot that she would lose memories upon resurrection.

"Well, what about now? Do you think that you're the last phoenix on this planet?"

"Well... I haven't seen any others around and traveling like I do, so it's a possibility that I'm the last one. Even if I was, I wouldn't care about the other phonexis." She didn't seem bothered by own words as she stared outside the window now.

"Why is that? Wouldn't you feel lonely?" She closed her eyes and smiled.

"Haru, what's going on? Where are these random questions coming from? It's not that I mind, it's just that this topic is so random." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Well, it's just... I don't know; I just wanted to know if you were ever bothered by that kind of thought. You're so happy and giddy all the time that I didn't think there were chances of you being sad. I'm truly jealous how careless you can be sometimes." Her smile wasn't there anymore.