Chapter 19

(A/N) 

Happy Valentines, guys. Whether alone or with someone, enjoy a bit of a admittedly a rushed chapter. There was too many ideas at once, and I didn't want to confuse everyone with my thinking. I narrowed it, and made it a bit simpler. 

Thank you for helping me out on this story. Seriously. 

"Ugh..." Opening my eyes, white panels of the ceiling greeted my vision. My head was in too much pain to even put it on a scale. Looking around, I could see drapery around the bed that I was sitting at, meaning that I was in the nurse's office.

"Mhm~" Hearing someone humming some kind of tune, I moved a bit of drapery to see who it was here.

"Excuse me?" Standing in front of her computer, it was the woman that I managed to detail out before I was knocked out, I called out for her attention.

"Oh? It's nice to finally see you awake, Shinzou-kun." Her voice sounded... very woman-like. Like... very woman-like.For someone who looked so young, it's a big surprise to hear someone sound like that.

"O-oh, yeah..." Noticing that I hadn't responded quickly, I tried my best to control my embarrassment.

"Fufu, no need to be so nervous, with a fall like that, it will make sense for you to take a moment to process things a bit more slowly. Is your head still hurting?" I raised my hand to feel a cloth over my head.

"Yeah..." I managed to respond.

"I see. Now then, onto more pressing matters," Spinning the chair at her left, she sat down and moved her head forward a bit, allowing it to rest on the knuckles of her hands. It almost looks as if she was interested in analyzing me. "What happened back there?" She asked with her brows narrowed.

"I... I got pushed by someone." I answered, rubbing the side of my head.

"Pushed? Did you manage to see who pushed you?" I shook my head for an answer, even if it did manage to hurt while doing so.

"The only thing that I managed to see was..." I paused for a second. If I tell her that I saw a green butterfly flying around, then she would think I'm crazy. "You coming to help me."

"Hm. Well, it's not going to be easy to find out who did it. If anything, the person who did it might have something against you, Shinzou-kun. I thought you were the type to not engage with others. How exactly did you manage to gain an enemy?" I would like to know how she knows how I act since I'm not the one to put myself out there, but I shouldn't right now.

"I wouldn't know. It's been like a week since I got shot, so it shouldn't be possible for me to gain one." Whoever it was, I can tell that they're affiliated with the supernatural world. I can get that correct, but why did they want to kill me?

"For someone who got pushed down the stairs, you seem rather calm enough to even bring up that instance." I flinched as a response. Even with this short amount of time being immortal, I kind of got used to dying. I got to make sure to not make anyone else think that I'm insane or something.

"W-well... It wouldn't be good to try to go after someone with vengeance or anything. That'll just make me worse than the person that pushed me..." Well, I guess I kind of saved myself.

"Still, I was more than likely expecting you to be sweating profusely and panicking the moment you woke up! What a surprise you showed me, Shinzou-kun!" Who exactly is this woman again? I mean that's general expectations for someone who just woke up from being pushed from down the stairs, but... oh, I see now.

"U-um, I never got your name." I quickly changed the subject.

"Oh, where are my matters?! You may call me Choco-sensei if you please. As you can see, I'm the school nurse!" Yup, I could barely tell if you are or not.