Spread

We had been going around these hallways that were littered with traps that we evaded for about 20 minutes now. Some had boulders, some with arrows, some with trapped floors, and the generic traps that you would see in a haunted house movie.

"Could we... could we take a break now?" A somehow tired Houshou-san was having trouble keeping up with us for some reason. I would've expected that she would have some endurance like other supernatural beings, but hey, some have different amounts of stamina. Okayu is definitely one of them.

"We just took a break 10 minutes ago! Pick up your feet and carry your ass!" Just by the short conversation, Kuro-chan really didn't like Houshou-san. I mean, she's hostile to nearly everyone, but to Houshou-san, she's any second from blowing up at her.

"Why do these hallways have to be so long~?! Shinzou-kun, be a doll and carry me!" Well, here I thought that only Okayu was one that was lazy.

"Did you not what I just said you stupid pirate?! And what happened to that dumbass pirate accent or whatever you had?!" Kuro-chan really doesn't like her.

"We'll be out of here soon. There's a light at the end of this hallway, so you'll get all the rest you'll need right after we get out." Indeed, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, but the lingering thoughts about everyone else's safety in this building or anywhere else was in my mind.

Rushia and Houshou-san's crew should be fine since the exit was on the exact same floor, but Coco and anyone else could still be in here. I don't even want to know what could possible happen if Coco and Gura met up. No doubt that they would make an exit themselves and find Mumei on their own.

After walking out into the light, we found ourselves staring up at the other towers that surrounded us. Some were shorter than the others, and some of them had half of their top cut cleanly off for some reason. The slants were as if something or someone had cut cleanly through them with a giant knife.

"So... where to first?" Kurokami asked anyone who was listening. I doubt Houshou-san would know anything since she's hasn't been here for-

"Ah! There be treasure around these parts! Pounds of them!" She pointed around to the many towers around us and listed if they were "worthy" for the taking.

"I'm guessing you're able to see through objects with that eye of yours? As much as important the treasure is to you, we need to focus on finding my friends, Houshou-san." Instead of being disappointed, she was rather fine about the change in focus.

"Why of course! Even if there be so much baggage of yellow tint, the brightest piece of treasure lays right before me!" Yeah, still don't know what she means by that.

"Yeah, yeah, eyeing him up is definitely going to help you obtain this "treasure" or whatever you call it. And before you even think about doing something, think about what I might do to you if you try anything funny." Kuro-san, or rather Kurokami, continued to threaten the pirate at any second, sadly. I can't seem to determine if I should address her as Kuro-san or Kurokami now... I've gotten too used to the threatening Kuro-san's aura that I had to always be respectable.

But, seriously, I had no idea where to start to look for everyone else. There's too many towers to search through, that I worry that one of them could actually be in trouble. The many numbers of those robots were-

"Haru, move!" My thoughts were cut shortly as I was briefly tackled to the ground. An object had pierced where I once stood, causing some debris and smoke to cover our vision.

When I finally opened my eyes, I was greeted with Kurokami lying over me.

"W-What?!" I didn't respond at first as I was a bit shocked as to what just happened.