Life Is Strange

"Oof!" Feeling something slap my back, I turned around to see a male student grinning at me.

"How's it hangin', Haru!?" I don't... know who this person is, nor do I care. I just wanted to know why he had to slap my back like that. And why is he saying my name as if we know each other!? I mean, isn't it rude enough to just do that to someone who isn't expecting it!?

"I'm... fine." After answering, I noticed that there were a bunch of students to form a group around me, making me feel a bit uncomfortable. So... this is how it's supposed to feel when you do something heroic.

"Is that Haru-kun?" A female voice called out.

"Our hero has arrived!" I can't stand listening to this, I just want to hurry and get to class now. Even if it was the next day after I had woken up, it becomes annoying enough to even go back to school for the days that I had missed out on. Shoving through some of the people, I ran to the school building, not wanting to deal with anyone in that group.

"Hey, wait, Haru! We gotta ask you some stuff!" I heard the same male voice call out to me, I didn't care about turning back and apologizing. I just wanted to get into the building and do this work that's been plaguing my mind since this morning.

But as I ran towards the building, I saw something move in a window of the second floor. I didn't see what or who it was as it felt like something wasn't actually there. Something like your mind playing tricks on-

"Oof!" Running into something, I fell on my rear.

"Haru-kun? Do you need some help?" Hearing a familiar voice, I looked up to see Shinzo-senpai looking down at me with a hand offered. I'm actually surprised that he didn't fall down from the amount of force I had in my speed.

"Shinzo-senpai? Oh, uh, sure." Taking his hand to lift me up, I stood back on my feet. Strange, since the last time I had touched Shinzo-senpai, I had that feeling. Now, I wasn't even having the feeling anymore.

"You okay? You look deep in thought." Cutting me from my thoughts, I waved my hand to reassure him.

"I'm fine, I was just... thinking." Something that bothered me is the fact that apparently, Shinzo-senpai doesn't remember anything from the trip. From what others are guessing, it's because of a blow to the head, but that couldn't possibly be it.

"Well, try to be more careful, okay? I know... that what had happened to us was weird, but try to not let that-"

"Hey, Shinzo-senpai," It was rude to cut him off, but in this case, I need to know if he actually remembers what happened. I clenched my fist, first restraining myself, but I let the question in my head out. "Do you... really not remember anything?" To my question, he was a bit taken back, but his strained face was trying to remember, but he let out a sigh.

"No. I don't remember. The last thing that I remember... was... looking at the portraits in the art room. I don't really remember going on the trip, so I'm sorry. I must've really hit my head too hard huh?" He scratched the back of his head jokingly, but I knew it wasn't a joke. This was a serious predicament. How can you be okay after risking your life for someone worthless? Joke it off like nothing happened!?

"Idiot." I muttered, something that he had actually heard.

"H-Huh? Is there something wrong?" Before he knew it, I had grabbed his collar and glared at him.

"You. IDIOT! How dare you say that you don't remember!" I shouted at him. I heard a group of footsteps behind me, but I didn't care who was listening in on this. "You think it's all cool to joke and be giddy after risking your life for someone pathetic!? You think it's cool to do something like that without thinking!? You almost died, so show some damn worry for once!"