Ninomae Ina'nis

A few moments ago, I felt as though I wasn't a part of myself anymore. A few minutes ago, I felt as though that I was experiencing hell again. And for a second ago, I felt as though I was truly in front of the most dangerous person in the world...

"To think that most of my jokes weren't Inaff for you to laugh, Haru-kun. I've been practicing those for quite some time. So much so, that I lost track of time. I can think of some more things that can make you tick, but I think it'll be very... time consuming..." I don't remember how long I've been in here, and I don't really much care anymore. All that mattered would be for her to the jokes please...

"Were you being serious when you said that you don't remember how long you've been in here?" I wanted to start a new conversation so I don't have to listen to anymore puns and jokes. This was like her 20th one that I've heard...

"...Maybe." Ina-san diverted hurler attention away from me so I couldn't read her face.

"Please don't tell me that I'm stuck here for the rest of my life."

"...Maybe." She continued to not look at me in the eye.

"You're pulling my arm, aren't you?"

"No, it'll be rude of me to do so since you only have one." She said as she turned her back to me. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

There was a brief silence between the both of us.

"...Why do you have the book, Ina-san?" To that, she turned her head at me. I've noticed the book that's been flying around her for some time now, but I was never bothered by it. I was definitely not bothered by it.

"I have my reasons, Haru-kun. The best way to put it is to say that I found the book by complete accident." Found it by accident, huh?

"I can't believe that story if Sakura-san told me that it was stolen. You may have not been involved with this organization, but I don't see how you can just find the book laying around." Compared to a second ago, her eyes were a bit bright, but now... they seemed to become analytical for some reason.

"Sakura-san, huh? Oh, you mean the shrine maiden! Believe what you want to believe, Haru-kun, but I tell you the truth. Would you really believe in the words of someone you just met?"

"If they have the experience on what's happening to the supernatural world, then, I have no choice but to trust them. Especially when they're someone like Sakura-chan." She let out a giggle in response.

"Well, I guess I can't argue with that logic! But," She suddenly stopped giggling and stared at me with... unpleasant eyes. "Are you really sure you should trust her? Are you sure that she's not hiding information from you? Are you sure she didn't send you to your death upon coming here? Are you sure that-"

"Enough of that! I could handle your jokes, but questioning my rights on trust is a step too far!" I could trust her. She didn't send me to my death because she didn't know what was in here either. "If you're done trying to-"

I felt a gentle cold touch on my hand.

"You're shaking, Haru-kun. Is it perhaps that you can't handle my questions... or are you just cold?" When did she even get next to me? I was just looking at her... right?

And to be honest, it was cold out here. Everything was devoid of life, after all...

"N-no, I'm neither! How about you worry about yourself since you're wearing... that." Pointing to her... choice of a outfit, it revealed too much skin for someone in this kind of weather. She should be the one shaking from the cold!

"There's no need to worry, Haru-kun. I'm not here to frighten you or kill you. I am simply here to just speak to you." Dodging my previous statement, huh?