Something New

(A/N)
I... wanted to do something for a change.

Time felt as though it was moving slowly when I suddenly saw him in front of me. I didn't know how he was able to do so, but what mattered was that he took the hit when I wanted to do so.

And now, as we flew passed the wall behind us, I wrapped my arms around his head and brought it to my chest as I was going to fall back first.

"Ah... Ah!" A painful moan came from out of my mouth after landing on my back. I haven't heard anything crack, so I think I should be good to walk.

Haru.

I noticed after landing that I must've let go of him as he was a bit away from me because of the impact. But as he lays on the ground without moving an inch, I become worried. I stood up and began to run to him, before falling on the ground once again.

I felt out of breath. Could have the fall knocked the wind of me? But... this feels too sudden. And nevermind being out of breath, my back was aching in pain. I was barely able to move.

"Amelia, you promise, right?" I miss her goofiness. I missed the times where everything was fun. Where I didn't have to depend on this stupid watch. A second, a third, a fourth, a fifth chance shouldn't be a curse.

Ever since I was given this damn thing, my life had been robbed my own foolishness, not wanting the present of those days to be true.

Why am I even laying here?

"Haru... get up!" I began to crawl over to him. The future won't change if I'm just staying here. Even if things aren't as what I'm expected, I can't stop here.

When I reached over to him, I saw the black flames showing no signs of disappearing. At this point, there was no hope for him. If I wait here, then he'll die and just...

Come back.

...I don't care if he can come back to life, just standing here while I wait for the process is just... I can't take it.

I reached inside my pouch to bring out the syringe that I made sure to bring in desperate measures. The yellow substance inside was bubbling, making me feel uneasy. But even if it did, if I give him this, he wouldn't have to deal with this.

He didn't have to be powerless against them. He could fight back and... he wouldn't have to suffer like this. Would I be willing to make him into a monster for sake of saving? Would he be able to cope with this power that will change him?

I stared down at his face as the black flames started to cover it. I'm... I haven't changed at all. Even with my own power, I don't have the strength to even do this. With the power of time, it feels as though that I'm always too slow.

I couldn't do this to him. As much as I would want the tides to be turned so easily, I can't do this to him. I will not sacrifice his humanity for this.

...

Heh, like it even matters. I have already gone insane because of him. 

As I watched the black flames cover his entire body, he began to disappear along with the flames.

...What would you do in this situation, Gura?

       -Holonatural-

"Great, just what I needed! More problems keep piling one after another!" Kurokami Fubuki couldn't help but click her tongue as she manages to dodge the incoming skull head shot by the necromancer.

"If you could stop moving, then I could get this shit done already!" The hallway they were in had been dealing constant damage as the fight continued. Some walls have been destroyed, doors had been broken, and windows have been shattered.