No Reason.

Shirakami Fubuki had urgently healed Mio with a basic spell that was enough for the wolf girl to move on her own without collapsing. She was sure that there was going to be some after effects like her not being to move around again for some time.

While Mio had been more concerned than Fubuki, there was a lingering bad feeling in her heart that stayed with her ever since she got off the phone with the merged call of Kiara and Rushia.

"This.... feeling feels foreign to me. The many souls that were bound to his own soul was problematic, but... something is definitely altered within his own."

That had sent Fubuki into a panicked state of mind. She knew of the problems that Haru faced when he described the voices that he continued to hear because of the many souls, but for Rushia to sound so unsure about a soul... it wasn't uplifting.

Fubuki wondered if Haru is somehow going through something similar of the voices that he heard. She wondered if he was going to pretend that they didn't exist when questioned, or would he act so nonchalant about it? The possibilities scared her.

And now, she runs with Mio a bit behind, trying to get Cover Corp as fast as possible.

Turn after turn, they went through the streets without a sign of stopping any time soon. Both of their hearts beat quickly as panick started ro take over.

"Fubuki-chan, wait!" While she had blocked a majority of what was around her in her head, she couldn't block the sound of the friend that took care of her for so long.

"H-Huh?" It felt as if she had been holding her breathe from how out of air she felt.

She turned around to Mio to see a burning house across the street from them in a color that she didn't think she would see without her witnessing it;

White flames.

"I... didn't do that, right?" Fubuki questioned.

"No, of course not! We have to see if someone is still in there!" Mio was going to run across to the building, but she felt a hand on her wrist.

"Mio-chan, don't! What about Haru-kun?!" Fubuki felt Mio clenched her fist, to which she become a bit nervous about.

How far was she going to go for someone she didn't know was alive or not?

"But... still! I can't forgive myself if I don't help someone in need when I'm there! It'll be as if I was the one who caused someone's death! I won't be able live with that guilt again!" In her weakened state, Mio tried to take her wirst away, but she couldn't. The healing was less than imagined, and she still hasn't fully recovered yet.

But even then, Mio still wanted to help.

And seeing this behavior constantly from the friend that saved her, and the friend who is in need of help that helped the both of them live happily together with lots of others like themselves...

Made something in Fubuki snap.

"...Go to Haru-kun!" Her sudden outburst made Mio stop her attempts of being released.

"What?" Fubuki questioned why these two would always go out of their way to save someone they didn't know. She always questioned what was it that made those two want to go out on their own and give up their own life.

"I said go to him! I'll look inside to see if anyone is alive." Fubuki was one of the many people that Mio had saved before. She was eternally grateful that she had been taken away from the ones that despised her because she was a fox.

Sly, cheap, and unpredictable was all that she would remember hearing, and from those days, she had gone insane from those words.

"But...!" There was a shriek from within the house that both of them had heard.