Release.

After Coco-chan's... loud introduction, almost immediately, Rushia-chan popped out from out of nowhere and made herself known.

"Are you two fools acquainted with each other yet...?" Seeing the predicament that I was in, she immediately started to glare at me and then to Coco-chan.

"You have a human form, I see. It makes it much easier to not have you stick out like a sore thumb." She spoke out with her glare ever-still focused on the half-naked dragon.

"Of course I do! Have you never seen an anime in your life?! If not, then that will be arr-"

"That is unnecessary, Coco-chan. Whether I've seen one or not does not make any difference. What matters is that you decided to leave from my place of calmness." To that, I raised my eyebrow.

"Wait, I thought you wanted me to help her. Your tone made me think that you two were friends!" Instantly, Rushia-chan scoffed at me.

"Friends? I only required your assistance to get rid of her from here, idiot. She suddenly appeared here one day and I had yet to get her away from the peace that I require!"

Ouch, what a rude thing to say. I'm able to brush off her rudeness a bit, but in Coco-chan's case...

"You really wanted to get rid of me that bad, huh?" With a smile on her face, Coco-chan responded while her hands laid on her waist. "And here I thought we were good friends! To think that the cute necromancer would want to get rid of her big and bouncy friend~!"

Her words were bright and dramatic, but for some reason, I felt as though she was forcing them out for her own sake of not being really hurt.

"Think again, Saggy Tits! You came here uninvited and you think you can lay wherever the hell you want?! That's beyond treason!"

"C'mon, Rushia-chan~! This place was so peaceful that I had to relax here too~!" With a couple of stretches and bone snapping, she placed her hands on her waist again. "But if you want me gone, then I guess I'm homeless. Hey, Haru-kun, you got a place for me to stay?"

Considering the lack of available space we have left, she might have to crash in with someone else.

"Well, yeah. Just don't hope to use that dragon form of yours any time soon. It's the best to not make ourselves an open target for that organization." A cheeky grin appeared on the confident woman.

"Now, Haru-kun, I think you're telling that shit to the wrong person!" In an instant, I felt her hands on my shoulders with a spark of excitement in her eyes. "Never wait for the next battle! You must be the one to start it!"

"And what if we don't have a plan? There's no way we can expect we equipment they have." She merely shook her head.

"That's what they want you to do, mother fucker! How many times have you planned something against them and it didn't work?"

Um... there's the feather, we managed to survive their sudden appearance in the streets, and then the trap they laid out to us...

"I-I think it's because we barely had that much time to plan things out more. If we knew their-"

"Haru-kun, you're basically skin and bones with a little meat here and there. Knowing that they have a shotgun won't help you."

"....What makes not knowing that any better?"

"Alright! That's enough of you two! Are we going to do this ritual or not?!" Rushia-chan stomped her foot on the ground in anger.

"Calm down, Rushia-chan~! I'm just making sure  this nerd over here understands his situation!"

"I am not a nerd for one. It's basic knowledge to prepare for a fight with countermeasures. You're a dragon, so I guess you would barely use your brain and mostly use it for boasting."

"Aww~, he has to use the big words to get something simple done~! You're just so cute, Haru-kun~!" All at the same time, she was smiling with a tick mark appearing on her head.

All of a sudden, I was pushed back by some weird force and found myself surrounded in some weird green box. Looking at Rushia-chan, her figure was covered in a green-like cloak that showed that she was seriously angry.

"..." I was able to see her lips moving, but I couldn't hear what she was saying. Even Coco-chan didn't know what Rushia-chan was doing.

There was a sudden pain in my chest, and for whatever reason, it was starting to glow with a tint of light blue.

And before I knew it, I was opening my eyes, as if I had been sleeping for a moment.  I didn't even close my eyes at first, and I just suddenly... opened them again...

My body felt a bit heavy, I felt tired, and I was drained of all my energy.

"Get up." When I heard Rushia-chan's voice again, I realized that the green box around me had finally disappeared.

"What... happened?" I was parched, needing a bit of water to not make my voice sound as raspy as it did.

"The ritual is done. Here." Handing me a bottle with blue liquid I opened the cap instantly and started to gulp the entire bottle down.

"Why was that... so bitter?" In reflex, I had stuck my tongue out in displeasure.

"That's the first of many tests that you need in order for your soul to not cut itself into pieces." With a monotone voice for something as important as that, I became nervous.

"W-What do you mean by that? You managed to free the souls from within me? Did you see your father?"

"...Yes. Because of those souls acting as if stitches to your damaged soul, your soul hadn't torn itself to pieces. But now that the stitches are finally gone, your soul is bleeding. But, luckily for you, I had prepared something for this particular situation."

She had prepared for this? Did that involve that blue drink she gave me? Was she going to do this without my consent? Strangely... her eyes were a bit softer than normal.

"...Thank you, Rushia-chan. Because of you, you put a lot of souls at rest." She only closed her eyes and turned around. I wasn't able to even hear a faint whisper of the voices in my head anymore, too.

"...Don't mention it. For now on, whether you like it or not, I will be monitoring you to make sure you don't experience any side effects that I know of."

"That wouldn't involve you following me everywhere I go, right?"

"..." She didn't respond. She kept her back faced towards me.

"Guess that everything's alright, then? Trust me, you don't want to know what was going on there, Haru-kun, let's just go home!" Coco-chan exclaimed out loud.

"Rushia-chan, if you may? Don't want to keep this dragon waiting for so long, right?" With her back still turned at me, she turned around to show something strange.

"Right, let's be on our way, then."

She's smiling at me....

And before we knew it, we were back at the school as if the world around us had shattered. Wherever we were, I could consider it as a small pocket dimension or something like that. But then again, I wouldn't know that since I don't know magic like this.

"Ugh, you're in school?!" And the next thing of the agenda is to figure out how to get Coco-chan out of my school without raising suspicion.

(A/N)

May or may not take a break. Health issues and a little writing block.