The Rabbit-Hole Begins

"Out! Whoever you are, get out of my house!" Getting out of my bed, I ran into the opposite side of the room and screamed at the intruder. How did she even get inside my house!?

"Calm down, calm down, I'm not here to rob you or anything!" Signaling me to keep my voice down, I glared at her for a second before thinking about it.

"I don't care whatever you're here for, I want you out of my house!" I could just call the cops and then let them handle it, but if she knows about it, then she'll just run away.

"It's not like I had that much of a choice! You didn't follow Bubba, so I had to be the one to come find you! Keep your voice down, too! You don't know who could be listening in! I have important information that needs to be discussed!" Keeping her voice below screaming level, she walked over to me and pouted.

"And that involves breaking into my house!?" I had managed to keep my voice down, but I can't promise to not scream out again.

"W-Well, no... but who knows if you were going to try to find me the next day- I mean today! If you would've followed Bubba, then we wouldn't be in this situation! You will have time to think about your answer and I would be sleeping right now!" With each sentence, she poked me in the chest with anger clearly shown on her face.

"D-Did you really think I would sneak out of my house in the middle of the night and follow a dog? How stupid do you think I am!?" The poking eventually went to my forehead.

"Pretty stupid! Other than that, I lost sleep because of you!" It didn't matter what I was feeling right now, I grabbed her hand to make her stop.

"I don't care about your sleep! I care about mine, and I wouldn't want to waste mine by walking out in the middle of the night!" I glared at her, and to that she returned the glare with sleep still under eyes.

"I would've spoken to you for about twenty minutes! You know what, nevermind. If you're maintaining this conversation with me, then you're probably interested in why I'm here, right?" What kind of idiot does she take me for!?

"Oh, please state the more obvious questions!" Receiving a chop to my head, I moved back a bit. It didn't hurt, but it was too sudden. "H-Hey! What was that for!" Before I knew it, she was standing in front of my dresser, looking at the sketchbook that I had just got back recently.

"Hm..." Taking out a magnifying glass that was attached to her leg-harness-belt-or-whatever-it's-called, and began looking through the things that were on my dresser. After I saw that she picked up my sketchbook, I quickly got up and ran over to her and took it from her hands.

"Hey! You can't just barge into someone's house and look through people's things!" Upon talking to her, she rubbed her chin with her index finger and thumb. For some reason, she held her interest at my sketchbook and continued to look at it in wonder. "Why the hell are you ignoring me!?"

"I see. So you're more involved than I anticipated." Bringing up her magnifying glass and pointed it at me, I could see that it was starting to glow. "I should thank you, though, you saved my bacon there." What was she even talking about?

"What do you mean by "involved"? What do you even know about me?" She chuckled.

"Sad to say, you really have no idea what you're involved with, do you? Well, I wouldn't expect a highschooler such as yourself to know." Is she seriously saying that I'm oblivious because I'm in school?

"You don't look that much different than a highschooler yourself. How about you start explaining to me why you're here so I can call the cops."

"...Well, you won't be after I'm done talking to you." She smirked at me, acting as if the information that I would learn wouldn't help the police find her. "Put your book on the counter and come here and see this." I was reluctant at first, but to understand what she's doing here, I had to do what she says. Placing it on my counter, I walked back to the girl and crossed my arms in seriousness.