The Start of It All...

The people who constantly say "don't worry, your life will get better!" are the ones who really don't understand how hard it can be. It's either that you're going to suffer from the ways of life, or you're going to win at the game of life. The friends you meet and the achievements that you accomplish don't matter when you're going to die eventually. What's the point of these memories if there is the possibility that they could be forgotten? To be honest, I think-

"Haru-kun, like I said before, I don't think you should be... this deep about life. Life isn't all about depression and-" I already knew where this conversation was going; don't view life as THIS, life is all about THAT along with some other nonsense.

"'Cherishing the people that you meet and the hardships that you face are what shapes the person they are today...'" I've already heard of this from so many people that it starts to get annoying when you hear the first few words being spoken.

"...Right. But still, I'm happy that you completed the assignment, but you need to learn that life won't just be about depression and a lonely life, Haru-kun. Make some friends, play some games with them, don't do your work with them-"

"Aiko-sensei, are you speaking from your own experiences?" My sudden question had left her speechless for a second... before she opened her mouth to speak again.

"...Yes, but this isn't about me, it's about you, Haru-kun," Before she spoke again, she raised her left leg and crossed it over her right one. Great, I'm about to get lectured again, aren't I? Why am I even here if I already completed the assignment? "We teachers are here to teach you, and the students are here to be potential friends. You can't just let your highschool years be wasted doing nothing but work all the time." She spoke as strictly as she stared at me.

"..." I had nothing to say to that as she would always have something to counter my arguments. Should I just walk out like I did before? There's no harm in doing that right?

"Don't even think about it, Haru-kun," Before my brain could even process the need of moving my leg, I felt a shiver in my spine. "You aren't trying to leave while I'm still looking at you, right?" Okay.

"...Maybe." I diverted my eyes away from her stern glare. Walking to the nearest chair, I sat down with my hands on my lap, ready to not listen to a single word she said. And as she opened her mouth, she breathed out a sigh.

"I don't even know why it's hard for you to understand this, Haru-kun. You have good grades and you're a healthy boy, so why are you still distant from the other students? Maybe you should be friends with Shinzo-kun. He's-" Here we go again with the 'befriend the handsome-and-friendly guy'.

"With all due respect, Aiko-sensei, I don't want to be friends with a guy that's attracting as many girls as times as he has breathed. My presence will only make his reputation worse." I raised my hand to interrupt her.

"-an overall friendly person, Haru-kun. It matters not of reputation if someone cares more for their friends than what others might think of them."

"...Nope." That's all I could say. Why did I even say anything if I knew that she'd counter my argument? Again, she sighed before looking down at her desk and held the face of a sudden realization. I don't like that face. Picking up a pen, she began to write something down on the paper in front of her.

"Here, for you." Taking the piece of paper from out of her hands, I lead my eyes to read the top of the paper to see-

No.

"I absolutely refuse." I placed the paper down on her desk in retaliation.

"You can't refuse, I just signed it."