Robot(s)

As we slid down the slope that seemed to be endless, there was a room to the left and right side of the hallway that we were going to eventually to pass.

"Coco, Rushia! Get ready to jump into one of the rooms!" However, we didn't need to get ready to jump into the rooms because skeletal hands popped out from both rooms, ready to reach out for us.

Taking a hold of Rushia's hand since she was the closest to me, I leaned left to grab the skeleton's hand and was pulled up to the room. Coco was able to make it to the right room with the boulder continues down the slope.

But before I was able to check up on Coco, the door to the room slammed. Right under the door was a white wire that had been pulled from its contraption next to it, making me believe that we had accidentally triggered another trap.

But upon turning around I didn't see anything in the room; even the skeleton that helped us notice the doors wasn't even around.

"Rushia-!" The floor underneath me gave out all of a sudden before I was able to warn Rushia. But even then, Rushia was quick enough to grab my arm before I fell. Now, I was close to falling in an endless pit that didn't appear to have an end to it.

Right when I thought the trap was over, the ceiling began to lower itself at a rapid pace. The sound it gave that was similar to a crumbling cave couldn't have been ignored.

"Rushia, just let me go and burst through the door! You can-!"

"..." There was a pained look on her face. She shouldn't be struggling to pick me up, she has the strength to send punching bags off its chains with a single punch. So why...!

"You care less about your life more and more."

"Have some faith in me!" Looking up to her pained face, sweat started to pour from her temples.

"What?" The ceiling was getting closer to the floor by the second.

"If you can't think of anything that can save us besides killing yourself, then just leave things to me!" I couldn't think of anything else to get us out of this situation. She might be able to still get out if she dropped me, but...

"Okay, I trust you." She smiled; even with that pained expression on her face.

"Okay." By her word, I felt as though time was going by slowly.

She then dropped me.

A green hue came from the top of the hole.

And then a green haired girl came into view, embracing me as I fell.

At the same time, the green hue continued to emanate the hole around us as we fell. However, it soon disappeared as I heard the ceiling finally closed, leaving us in total blackness.

"I... Too late..." I heard Rushia mutter in my shirt. But even if she was too late to do something, I held her close to my chest, hoping that I was going to able to break her fall as I closed my eyes, ready to come resurrect once again.

But even when my eyes were closed, I was still able to see a green hue from in front of me. And once I opened them again...

A large butterfly was diving towards us.

Its wings and body emitted a glow that lit up the hole that we were in, but even then, I didn't dare to see where the ground was.

Having spread out its large wings, it then used its legs to catch us and stop us from following, saving both of our lives in the process. Rushia actually summoned this kind of creature? It must have drained a lot of her energy since she's close to losing conscious.