Doubt

(A/N)

This chapter will have a lot of sad vibes here, so... enjoy!

The following day, the voices that I was starting to hear was lower than they were yesterday. I hadn't been able to sleep as much since the... problem that I had faced yesterday. The ground wasn't that smooth to be sleeping on. Luckily enough, no one had been walking outside at the time.

At the time of waking up, I was worried for the fact that someone inside Kiara-chan's house would notice that I wasn't in my bed. While they weren't as loud as before, I still somehow managed to hear what they were saying. As of right now, I felt... a little calmer.

"Haru-kun... why were you outside?" It was around the early morning, that I had met Mio-chan getting ready to cook something for breakfast. But upon noticing that I had been outside and not in my bed at this time, she focused on prioritizing me than anything else. She sat me down at a chair and prepared coffee for me.

"I... Um... I wanted to go back to my old house to focus on trying to use Ayame-chan's sword. I didn't think that I would be out for some long." Was it right to hide what I found from her? Hide the fact that I'm listening to voices in my head because of what I've found? I... just can't focus entirely right now.

"I see. But... you were trying to do that all night? Haru-kun, I know you are eager to learn something of self-defense, but you shouldn't put this ahead of your well-being. We've been through this, Haru-kun, you're not doing this alone." I lowered my head go face the table. I wasn't comfortable listening to the promises that I continue to break. Why am I so thick-headed to understand this?!

"Haru-kun, are you listening to me?" Instead of those persistent voices that's talking to me in my head, I focused only on Mio-chan's voice. 

"Y-yeah, I am. I'm just... just tired." I looked at her in the eye to see her concerning golden eyes. Folding her hands together, she closed her eyes and calmly opened them. Her gaze, while calm, it had some force of determination within it.

"Haru-kun, I need you tell me what's going on in your head." I flinched a bit, thinking that she knew that I was hearing these voices. But before I spoke, she opened her mouth again. "I know that you want to protect us, along with other innocent people, but this is starting to get out of hand, Haru-kun."

"I... I don't know myself. I just... One day, I promise to involve you in this, and in another, I just do my own thing. I just... don't know what to say anymore! I just keep thinking that I have to do this myself so caring people like you all don't get killed and I just... I don't know what to do anymore!" I had felt tears swell up in my eyes and I didn't want to hold them back. The voices, the bloodied shirt, and this... damn stress!

"...You're a human, a high school student, and you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders." I had felt her hand gently land on my shaking hand, before smiling warmly at me. "If you don't think you can take this, then you should quit, Haru-kun." I had once thought that this wasn't for me before. But even then, I'm not capable of stopping my eyes widening.

"Then... who's going to gather the artifacts and stop this organization? If I'm not then-" Her hand tightened over mine. It wasn't enough to crush mine, but it was enough to have me understand that she was visibly concerned.

"You have your own life, Haru-kun, I don't want you to waste your life being involved with something that's beyond your limits. Fubuki-chan, Kiara-chan, Amelia-chan and myself can handle this on our own, Haru-kun. You've done so much for us, and I couldn't be any happier than I am now. Fubuki-chan is protected, we have a safe place to stay at, and most of all, I learned you survived after being thrown out that window." I had seen brief flashes of seeing the ground again, along with the sound of glass breaking.