Ookami Mio

The sound of my window opening didn't seem to faze me for some reason. The fact that I had become used to the dangers that surrounded me was already enough to take in.

"Amelia-chan, how have you been?" I heard a an 'eep' noise come from out of her mouth. Maybe she wasn't expecting that I would guess that it was her. Ina-chan would just appear here, and Kiara-san would just walk through the front door.

"How'd you know it was me!?" She complained, now coming into my room from my window.

"I've become too used to this already. And you're the only one who enters my room from my window. Sorry if you were trying to scare me." Like a child, she puffed her cheeks.

"That's not fair! Who took my spot in wanting to scare you!?" Why was she so desperate to scare me?

"Ina-chan had been visiting me during these couple of days. I wished for some peace, but Ina-chan wouldn't let me." As I tried to make this sound like a joke, her face had became serious.

"What did she do to you? She didn't threaten you, did she?" I had remembered the deal or rather 'game' that Ina-chan wanted me to play. I had known that my life was even more screwed when I agreed to it.

"...I made a deal with her. For information on the artifacts, I-" I felt Amelia-chan's hands on my shoulders. Shaking, yet aggressive.

"Made a deal!? Haru, are you crazy!? You can't just make a deal with someone as dangerous as her!" I didn't meet her eyes as she scolded me.

"I had no choice. If I didn't, then I wouldn't have the chance to know what she was planning. It was better to just go with it and try to stop it. Do you want to hear it?" I heard her click her tongue as she stared at the ground below.

"...Did she threaten you?" The bangs of her hair was covering her eyes. Or, at least trying to. I was able to see some hollowness in her eyes behind her blond strands of hair.

"...Maybe. but even then-" I felt her hands grip my shoulders even tighter. For how frail she looks, she's really strong.

"Did she tell you anything about me?" I remembered the signs that Ina-chan had showed me. I shouldn't believe what she tells me, but it just seems... weird. From the moment I met them, they seemed too friendly with me, even if I didn't know that much.

I'm a human, and they're part of a world that's beyond comprehension. I'm not that much of friendly person, and yet they still decided to stick by me and change me.

"Nothing. She didn't say anything about you." Even if she didn't say anything about them, I could tell that they're part of a bigger story around me. It's not that I don't trust them, it's just that I don't understand why they would keep things from me.

"...Alright. I believe you." However, out of everyone I met, Mio-chan was the strangest one. The way she acted around me basically gave me the idea that she was hiding something big. However, I can't guess anything major as of right now.

"Amelia-chan, I need your help again." As I stood up from the chair that I was sitting at, I focused my will of determination at her.

"You... can just address me by my first name for now on. Addressing me politely like that doesn't sit right with me anymore." I nodded my head.

"Ame... Amelia, I need your help getting back to the shrine again." She raised a brow at this. Was I more than insane for asking something as dangerous as this?

"You want to go back to where that Ina girl was? I thought Kiara said it was too dangerous to linger there. And besides, we don't know if that Ina girl is going to be willing on letting us go again." That was possible, but what she gave me, I don't think that she was willing to do so.