Blue Night Sky

The day of the next operation had approached and it couldn't be any more tense in the room before we left. With Kiara still getting dressed, those that were involved with watching over Kiara, were the ones listening in.

"Remember, if this is a trap, then we retreat as fast as possible. We don't want to risk potential bystanders to get caught up in the midst of a fight if one does potentially happen. We'll have eyes on the ground, comms for everyone to hear, and on the nearest rooftops that are here, here, and here. Haru-san, Mumei-san, and Calliope-san, you three will be on point for these buildings. Okayu-san, Iroha-chan, and Chloe-chan, you three will be doing surveillance on the ground. Are there any questions?" Ayame, who had been silent and patiently waiting for Lui-san to be done, raised her hand.

"How come I have to stay here?" A completely expected question that would come from her. I'm sure the reason as to why is because it's the same reason why Gura, Pekora-san, and Coco can't come; they're chaotic.

"This mission is mainly focused on being in and out. Kiara-san gets information from our suspect, she leaves, and then we'll all leave. As for the potential problem if it turns out to be a trap..." Lui's plan for everyone was to be quick and efficient.

"Then we'll beat them up! And I'm fast enough for them to not see anything coming!" Lui-san started to giggle at Ayame's thinking. It was so predictable that it was adorable.

"There are no back doors in the building. If there was violence to be heard inside, then the only way for the guests to escape would be the door they came in from. And if they are all huddled up together and have nowhere to go, then potentially Kiara-san and someone else would be exposed to everyone there. And if there was someone strong there, would you still retreat?" It appeared that she planned for everything like such scenarios. It's... impressive for how easily she was able to think of this much in a night.

"Muuuu..." Ayame was quickly sulking. But thankfully, Mio was next to her to cheer her up.

"I'm sure that when there's fighting to be involved, then you will be the first to be mentioned, Ayame-chan. Just keep patient and think of all the strong people you'll fight in the future." Mio patted the one's head, making her calm down a little.

And just on cue, the door opened to reveal Kiara in her new dress. A white and orange one that trails down as it complimented and represented her phoenix traits.

"This was a bitch to change into my own style." Did she...

"Kiara, did you... Nevermind, spent almost an entire day looking for a dress for you and then you pull out the magic card on us." Calli showed her frustration by pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Hey, the dress was still nice before I changed it up! Besides, I bought it, so I'll change it into whatever I want! Besides, why did you buy a dress, huh? Never told me when I asked you yesterday." All eyes were on Calli as she turned her head to face away from us.

"No reason." Kiara only rolled her eyes as a comment.

"Like you said yesterday. Anyway, how do I look, Haru? It's not too obvious that it screams out that I'm a phoenix, right?" Seeing the large feather on her head, the wings that traveled down to under her bust... Yeah, definitely not.

"It fits you perfectly. You weren't wrong when you said that it'll be in your style. The choice of color, the dress entirely... It makes me think of royalty a bit. Almost like a queen." I suppose that my compliments went too far enough that she was embarrassed.

"...Worth." Before I could question why my comments were even worth so much to her, the sound of a phone ringing could be heard in the room next to us, prompting Kiara to panic suddenly and book it there.