From What I Think

"I can't say that she exactly remembers, but I can only tell you my point of the story." Kiara-chan and Calli-san have been alive for thousands of years. I doubt that someone can remember memories worth thousands of years. Let alone remember a century!

I nodded my head for her to begin her story.

"Alright, let me tell you how Kusotori and I first met." She took another sip of her wine before opening her mouth. "Around this time, I have been a reaper for actually... a few thousand years. So, upon doing my work of... you know, being a reaper to send the next person in the afterlife, I was greeted by a woman that wore nothing but brown and shaggy clothes." I nodded again, getting a little more into the story.

"When we first met, she had that look in her eye that told me that she thought herself higher than me. For someone to greet a reaper like me with those eyes, you must've been asking for a death wish. Anyway, I don't exactly remember how our conversation went, but I'm sure it started along the lines of "'you dare look at me in the eye like that?'"

"If you don't mind me interuppting, who exactly said that?" She blinked once with a 'are you serious?' look. I motioned for her to continue.

"As that was our first time meeting, it was actually the first time I learned that she could resurrect from the dead. I immediately asked Death-sensei, but he told me that there was nothing her could do about it." She sighed after speaking.

"But... you didn't give up after hearing that." After taking another sip, she nodded.

"Of course I didn't. Death-sensei had taught me that there's not a single living organism can escape death. As much as you shouldn't go against his word, I believed that there was a way to somehow kill her, and allow her to go into the afterlife." Hm...

"Calli-san, if you don't mind me asking, how come you wanted to have Kiara-chan move on to the afterlife? Even after your first meeting, it's a bit implied that you went to your sensei after knowing about her ability. So... why focus so much on her?" She merely closed her eyes and lowered her glass.

"...Because it is the duty of the reaper to send those who die to the afterlife. There are reapers before me that I look up to, so having-"

"But isn't Kiara-chan just one person, though? I'm sure your senpais can understand your situation, right?" I couldn't buy it. I have a itch in my head that's telling me that Calli-san focused on Kiara-chan for another reason.

"Haru, I'm going to revoke your ability to cut me off in my story if you don't shut up." And that shut me up literally. I don't want to know how it actually feels to be cut by her scythe, so I guess i should just listen. And so, I nodded.

"Right. After many and many meetings of seeing and hearing her rudeness, it was at a certain point that she started to... soften up to me for some reason. Instead of her usual 'I'm a fucking pheonix, hear my speech!' and shit like that, I could tell from her eyes that... she was a bit more different." For an odd reason, she smiled a bit before continuing.

"A few more deaths, then I started to realize that she was getting a bit more clingy and hyperactive. It was almost as if she was learning from a child." Strangely enough, I haven't heard a bit about Kiara-chan's memory loss. Does that mean that it came up after a certain amount of deaths?

"A few more, and she was kept going on and on about falling in love with me. I continued and continued brushing it off but, she just kept doing as she usually did." After hearing finish. I decided to open my mouth.

"And what did that make you feel, Calli-san? I mean, you two have known each other for-"

"What are you, a therapist?" She jokingly spoke out with a grin planted on her face. I, for one, merely smiled and shrugged my shoulders.