Surprise Visit

(A/N)

Thank you all for patiently waiting. I really appreciate the comments and support for this. From what started to be an stupid idea ended up being something much more. Because I started to write this, I had learned to value my time more and do what I love. While this is my second favorite thing to do, I really hope everyone stays until the end. (If I ever learn to complete a story...) 

"...No one's home?" I had entered my house just at the right time before my dad came home. He's usually around six, and it's half past four. Alright, now that I'm alone, I can finally take out this... thing out of my pocket and figure out what it is. The person that was supposed to be in the art room ended up being a creature. I'd rather choose to not believe something from a weird creature, but it's the only lead I have to finding out where this book is located.

"Alright, you... thing, is there anything that you can tell me that leads to a certain book that creates weird spells that are dangerous to normal people?" Bringing the creature out, I stared at its confused and innocent look in its eyes. "I guess... not?" And it shook its head.

Great, isn't this all peachy?

Bringing the thing up to my room, I sat on my bed and continued to stare at the small creature for some time while it smiled comfortably. What is up with this thing? Was this seriously the thing that put a curse in my book?

"Okay, you can understand me, but I can't understand you. Is there... some sort of way for us to communicate with one another? Like writing? Can you..." Well, judging by the size of the creature, I can doubt it can even put up a pencil.

"Hm, maybe..." Taking a glance at my sketch book, I have the thought about what the creature can use in order to communicate with something like the book. If it was able to curse the book, then would it be able to use magic for like... communication? Getting the book, I opened it in front of it and pointed to a blank page.

"Alright, Little Guy, I'm going to need to see if you communicate with me or not. Can you write in this book with your... magic or anything?" Little Guy only stared at the blank page in wonder. Then, after nodding its head very fast, he stared at the page for a second, before something purple appeared in thin air. As I stared at this... weird purple line leading its way towards my book, it started to form letters. As it continued and continued, it started to form a sentence.

'The book you're looking for is located within the shrine.'

The... shrine? Is this about the shrine that Sakura-chan protects? No, that wouldn't make sense. If it was there, then, Sakura would've already known that the book hadn't left the shrine. Or... someone could be hiding within it? Or maybe... the other shrines that could be in the other sectors?

Before I could ask Little Guy another question, I heard a buzz from my phone that was left on my desk and went over to it. As I had left it in a hurry from the chance Amelia-chan gave me, I didn't really get the chance to grab my phone and everything. Hm, I wonder who's texting me? I don't remember giving my phone number to anyone because...

I don't have any friends.

Then... who's texting me?

'How ya' doing, Haru? Got anything fishy from the school?'- Best Detective Watson

Amelia-chan? When did she even have the chance to get my phone number? Before I could reply, I had gotten another message from somebody.

'Heya, Haru! This is Kiara! You remember right? I didn't have the chance to put my name on your contacts, but I managed to put my phone number on your phone, and get your phone number on my phone! And don't even bother deleting mine! - Kiara