Question of Value

(A/N)
I... suppose that I had much to write because I couldn't stop typing. Everyone's support from my announcement had encouraged me to try just a little harder than normal. I can only pray that I have some more time for planning next week. Thank you.

Seriously.

When I first witnessed the burning flames that created the worst day of my life, I knew that I had nothing else to go for in my life. It had happened as fast as a flame could grow.

But I knew that the flames were out of the ordinary. I knew that the flames weren't supposed to be glowing a shiny gold as it wrapped itself around my mother and sister. And I knew that because of my foolishness as a kid, it had gotten the people around me burning in agony.

But what I didn't know... was the fact that a creature so dangerous had vacated itself within the building's shelter. As for what reason, I wouldn't know.

All I knew was that it was my fault for letting it out.

"Do you... need help?" Yeah... I remember my own innocent words at that time. It was too bad of a shame that a child's naivety could be used against them.

But... it still felt nice to free something that didn't want to be there. As for the reprocussions, I didn't think that much into it. And in the aftermath, I could never live to swallow down and shun the depression with the memories of burning flames.

-Holonatural-

The wind actually felt nice for once. It actually felt like I was in peace as the wind would guide me along the path to somewhere that I wouldn't care about. As if I was dreaming, the sound of wind being pierced was all I could hear in my ears.

As I opened my eyes, I greeted the sky with a small twitch on my lips. But that was soon gone when I realized that the fact that I could see my shirt slowly being raised as the wind began to pick up.

My eyes widened in realization.

I was falling from the sky.

I wished I could open my mouth to scream, but the fear overwhelmed me, causing me to hold my breath as I looked around my surroundings with a panic filling my vision. Slowly and slowly, or fast in this case, I was falling to the ground that was located somewhere in the shrine.

To have died to die again? Was this something that I'm going to have to get used to if and when I die? If it was, then, I might have to keep my eyes closed and pray that-

"I got you!" A woman's voice had suddenly cut out my thoughts and I felt someone's body being pushed against my own. As I looked up to see a familiar fiery-like hair, I breathed out a sigh of relief when I noticed that it was Kiara-chan who saved me.

As I felt the wind begin to slow down, I could feel my nerves calming and my hands on her shoulders tightening as it was shaking on their own a bit. Maybe I can't calm myself so easily...

But as the wind began to die down a bit, the sight of two orange colored wings sprouted from Kiara-san's back and continued to slow our fall. Soon, we were able to touch the ground again and I have never been so happy before to see stone flooring.

"Kiara-san, thanks... again." As I didn't really notice it, my breathing was starting to slow down and I was more than able to formulate a few simple letters.

"Umm... you're more than welcome." Looking at her, I could see her arms behind her back as she bows down at me for whatever reason. Is there a reason why she's acting so formal all of the sudden? I mean, formal is not a word that I would describe her with the amount of memories I have with her.