I Saved Her

A few days had passed since that day. I had talked to Mio-chan about it, and she herself was surprised to hear of someone having such an ability, even if Amelia-chan was human or not. Of course, she knew that I was bothered by this, so the usual words of encouragement and comfort made me feel much more better.

I'm thinking about finding a way to confront Amelia-chan about the other Amelia-chan I talked to before, but... she still hasn't appeared yet. Every time I had went to Kiara-chan's house to greet said person, I'm always told that she was out again. I had to explain to Kiara-chan about the situation, to which she told me that the first second she sees Amelia-chan, I would know as well.

School had been okay for now. With break coming up soon, that means that exams are coming up too...

I studied, but compared to how I used to study, I don't think I would get a high grade. But even if I don't get a high grade, I should be fine.

There was a day where Mio-chan found me studying so hard that she thought that my focus on the book was burning a bit of the paper of the book. It was a funny joke, but I realized that the page that I had been studying was actually on fire a bit.

...It was because of the sun and the magnemifying glass I has right next to me.

However, as bad as it sounds, I was actually able to learn that I was able to "pick up" flames. It was when I tried to stop the flames with my hand, that the fire on the page had disappeared and went to my hand. I have... no idea as to how that works...

But after that, Mio-chan asked why I was so focused on studying so hard, to which I answered that it was because a part of me in the past wanted to impress my parents a lot. The mentality had grown on me for a long time and before I knew it, this was second nature to me.

She had told me that I didn't need to go so far, especially with... everything that happened with my father, but... I couldn't help myself. I had grown with the mentality that I couldn't just let it go and change so easily.

"Haru-kun?" I had opened my eyes to see Kiara-chan in front of me. I hadn't realized that I was standing outside for a long time. Well, this is what happens when I'm in my head for too long...

"Oh, sorry, Kiara-chan I was just thinking a bit. Is Gura-chan here?" I had decided to meet Gura-chan to know some more stuff about Amelia-chan. Based on what the other Amelia-chan had told me, I believe that Gura-chan might be the key as to what is going on.

"Yeah... Um... I had talked to her for a bit yesterday, but she wasn't in the mood apparently. I asked if it was about Amelia-chan, but she just downright ignored me! And today she just walked out and said that she was "going out", whatever that means!" I could see the visible anger in Kiara-chan's eyes.

Kiara-chan is one that hates it when she's ignored. I wouldn't say that she's an attention-getter, but for someone who she considers a friend, she acts at the best opportunity.

"Say, Kiara-chan, could you help me find her? As much as coincidence as it is, I need to ask her about Amelia-chan, too." She nodded quickly.

"Of course! Anything to get her mind straight again, then I'm all for it! I was about to go to Calli's house, but for Gura, I guess I'm going to have to make my plans on another date then. Let's go!" Kiara-chan sure is kind.

We had walked around to see if Gura-chan would be at any store or anything of the sort, but it was hard for us to start somewhere because we haven't really got to know her well.

Kiara-chan wanted to check the playground as a joke, but I smacked her on the head for thinking like that...

"This is getting us nowhere! If I was a small little girl, then where would I be? Hmm... Wait, Haru! You don't think that someone-"