Our Future

"Alright~! I'll be ending the stream here now~! I'll be seeing you again soon so take care!" Ending her stream, she backed away from her desk and stretched, with a few sounds of bones popping in the process. 

"It's already been two hours… I guess I should start now when I have the chance." Getting off her seat, she went through her closet and started to gather her clothes that she was planning on bringing. 

Around her waist was a blue hoodie, to which it started to fall off her body. And feeling it falling off, she reached for the the hoodie quickly, catching it before it fell to the ground. 

"Whew… caught you again!" Tieing it around her waist again, she went back to gathering her clothes and placing them on her bed. After gathering her clothes, she started to move her right arm around, letting it get some exercise and movement. 

"Mio-chan?" Her door opened to reveal a familiar girl that she had been taken care of in the past, but now she has grown a bit more to become a little more responsible. 

A little. 

"Yes, Fubuki-chan? Is there something wrong?" She responded, wanting to know why the girl was a bit saddened for some reason. 

No, if it was about her latest announcement, then it makes sense why she's a bit sad. 

"Are you… sure this is okay? I mean…" Fubuki sounded a bit unsure; almost sounding as the girl who was afraid of nearly everything nearly four years ago…

"Yes, I'm sure. This is something that I want to do. No, it's something that I have to do. I'll miss streaming, and everyone here, but I'll be back before you know it!" Mio was determined and sure that her decision was the best one she could think of. She turned around to organize her clothes again. 

"...How's your arm?" Mio-chan flexed her right arm a bit, before opening her mouth to respond. 

"Nothing wrong with it. Although I hate having to flex and move it around every couple of minutes…" 

"...The doctor said that it's required for you to do it, so please understand, Mio-chan." Fubuki focused on Mio-chan's tail, which was wagging freely. 

"Mio-chan, are you really sure that you should do this?" Sighing, Mio stopped her organizing her clothes. 

"Fubuki-chan, I am sure that I want to do this." 

"But two months might not be enough! If Haru-kun was here, he wouldn't want you to do this!" Knowing where this was going again, Mio sighed again. For the past year, she had been arguing with some of her gen mates and even Yagoo himself over this decision. But nonetheless, they eventually allowed her to go through with this. 

"If Haru-kun was here, he would be doing the same thing for you, Fubuki-chan. I would've thought that all the time you spent with him would-" 

"Haru-kun is dead, Mio-chan! You have to stop this before you hurt yourself even more!" They both didn't say anything to each other for a few seconds. Mio didn't respond, and Fubuki didn't want to back down from stopping her. 

"Fubuki-chan, thank you for everything you've done for me. If I don't come back in two months, then I'm sorry. At least I'll be with him soon, then." She didn't turn around to see Fubuki's tears flowing from her eyes. Fubuki didn't want to see her hurt again, she didnt want to see her having dull eyes again…

She didn't want her to be broken again. 

"Mio-chan… you can't chase after someone who's dead! He told us himself to continue on, so why are you going against his wishes and-"