Getting the Book(?)

(A/N)

Finally done with college finals, but I'm still recovering from the stress that it put me through. Not only that, but I have been taking my time thinking of things for future chapters, so please expect a chapter every... 2-3-4 days? Maybe. Thank you all for waiting! 

"Your house is so neat, Haru! You're making me a bit jealous!" Kiara-san was occupied touching the things on my dresser, while Amelia-chan continued to tap on her phone next to me and proceeded to not have a care in the world.

"Did we seriously have to meet in my house?" It was already three in the afternoon, so we're going to have to think of a way to plan our next action before my dad arrived back home. But before I can think of a plan...

"Sorry~! As much as I would like to recommend my house for talking, I'm not... that good at keeping things nice and tight." When you apologize like that, it makes it sound like you're not apologizing with much heart...

"...Just stop touching my things and just sit down already. I have to think of something quick if I'm going to-"

"That's where I'm going to stop you there, Haru! While I'll appreciate the approval of you letting me inside your house," I didn't, you just carried me over your shoulder as I pointed the way to my house. "I cannot approve of anything dangerous happening on my watch!" Kiara's eyes quite literally burned with determination as she sat on my bed.

"Kiara-san , we're not doing-"

"I'm going to have to stop you there again, Haru! While I appreciate the kind formalities, I cannot approve the use of it when you're speaking to me!" I crossed my arms in annoyance. What kind of woman is she?!

"Then? You want me to address you with no formalities? You do know that this suggestion is more for people that know each other?" Even with that in mind, she still smiles.

"And? For me, I don't really care about those formalities! You can just call me by name, 'Kiara', instead of 'Kiara-san!'"

"I never called you 'Kiara-chan' before

"You didn't? Hm, I might be remembering things differently, then." Speaking about memory, I was more confused on the fact that she didn't recognize me when we first met eyes. It really felt like she didn't recognize me...

"Alright, now that I'm done, we can finally get into--wait, who's this woman?" Amelia-san? Are you... Are you being serious right now? How... can you even not notice someone as annoying as her?!

"Oh~! I haven't introduced myself yet! My name is Kiara! You don't have to address me with any formalities like '-san' or whatever, because I'm not that old! I'm only... I think I'm a lot older than I look. Huh, it must've been a long time since I-"

"It's fine, I get what you mean. Well then, Kiara, might I ask what you're doing inside of--wait, when did we go inside your house, Haru?" Amelia-san? Amelia-san?! Do you have no sense of awareness on that phone of yours?! We could've let in a criminal in my house and she wouldn't have known!

"...Can we please hurry this up? We know where the book is, but how are we going to get it, if the school is closed today?" As I turned to Amelia-chan, I saw that in the corner of my eye, Kiara-san tilted her head in confusion.

"Well, we're just going to have to sneak in then! It's a regular school, so the security can't be that bad!" Amelia-san started to grin at the idea.

"Wait a-"

"Okay, but what if the door to the art room is locked? Then, I'm going to have to find the key in order to open the door."

"You already answered your own question, Haru." She smirked.