No Such Thing of Peace of Mind

(A/N)

Thank you all. Seriously I really appreciate the comments, votes, and even reviews that you guys and girls do. Whether you recommend this story to your friends or anyone else, I really appreciate you all for taking a moment of your time to read this story I randomly thought about. Let us all continue to watch Haru's progression within this crazy world. 

The anxiety in my body couldn't be any higher than it was right now. For each step that we took in the forest, the less amount of patience that I contained was leaking out. For now, I would just need to calm down so I don't do anything more reckless than I already had.

"We're here." Immediately seeing the cave, I quickly increased-

"Haru-san." Before I had the chance to even run down the set of stairs in front of me, I felt someone's hand on my arm, along with the voice of Mio-chan. Turning around to look at her, I noticed the worried look that was etched on her face. Her frown had considerably influenced the direction her wolf ears faced.

"Someone going to attack me or something, Mio-san?" I didn't like being held down like this, and I didn't really like the annoying feeling that I am feeling again. I could feel the heat arising in my cheeks, before I quickly took my arm from out of her grasp. Luckily, she didn't have that much of a strong grip.

"N-no it's just... be careful." I tried my best to curve my lips upwards in a reassuring way. As it was an attempt, it didn't look like Mio-chan was agreeing with it.

"I'll be fine. I have Kiara-san and you, if you want to stay here. I won't hold you here if you don't want to be here." With Kiara-chan walking past Mio-chan, I stared at the motion of Mio-chan's shaking head.

"I'm afraid that I can't stay. I have to make sure a friend of mine doesn't try to sneak out and go anywhere and get lost. It looks like we have to part ways again, Haru-san. Kiara-san, please make sure that he's safe; along with you watching your own health, Haru-san." With that, she walks away from our vision, taking the gentle wind and leaves along with her. But before showing me a twitch of her lips curving upwards.

"Another girl concerned, Haru~? If I were you, then-" I reached up and flicked her head hard, causing her to flinch back and yelp.

"You know it isn't like that. There's... something that I can't seem to understand about her, though." But before I dawdled there for too long, I quickly turned my head around and focused on the task at hand: the cave itself.

After quickly rushing down the stairs, I ran to the cave opening and stopped before hearing something from the side of it. If anything, it was the sounds of footsteps.

"It... took you long enough." Hearing a pained feminine voice, I turned to left side of the cave and waited to see who it was. Immediately seeing a familiar color of yellow on her hair, I ran to her side to help.

"Amelia-san!" She was holding her head that seemed to be the cause of her painful expression.

"H-hey, not so loud, Haru. I can barely hear myself think because of this headache." She grinned, but the familiar grin that I was used to was ruined by the fact that she was still feeling pain in her head.

"I'm impressed that you were able to get out of that cave. I was having a bit of struggle trying to get through that witch's gimmicks. It makes me worry if you're really human or not" I heard Kiara-chan say from my right.

"Alright, now's not the time for any of this. Amelia-chan's safe, so we should get going. I know this is going to be a hassle for you, but could you find Sakura-san and tell her that we're going home? We weren't able to obtain the book but..." I looked at the entrance of the cave. "I think we just let out something more than we can chew."