Chapter 40

(Samie's POV)

We were in dad's office, both men stood staring at us after uncle Luci checked D's injury from the hippogriff. 

"What were you 2 doing listening to other people's conversation?" Uncle Luci asked

"We really didn't mean to," I said

"We were walking and we heard you it was just an accident." D continued

"So after you heard us, you left right? Because if you really did not mean to eavesdrop on us you would have respected our privacy."

D and I looked at each other nervously. We tried not to bow our heads but we still can't keep eye contact.

"It went really fast, we didn't mean to eavesdrop and when we were about to leave because we knew we shouldn't have listened, we were caught," I said.

"Fine. I'll let it go this time. But if I ever caught both of you listening to conversations that young ears shouldn't hear, you both know the consequences." Uncle Luci replied

We released a sigh of relief. After interrogating us Uncle Luci's demeanor changed.

 "Now the questioning is done, why don't you give me a hug?" Uncle Luci teased. 

I grinned and went to hug him, but D just grumbled and asked if is it essential.

"Do you want me to ground you Dragon?" Uncle Luci teased but with a warning tone.

D suddenly hugged his dad albeit unwillingly. 

"Oh, right S have you let your dad sign the permission slip?" 

"Ohh thanks for reminding me. Let me get it it's in my trunk."

I was about to go out of dad's office when my dad gently grabbed my shoulders.

"You don't need to procure it hatchling."

"Ohh right you're a teacher so you just told grandpa that I can go?"

"No."

"Huh? But I need the slip signed dad."

"I mean you don't have to get it because I am not allowing you to go."

 "What!?!?! Why not? Come on, D's going. Why can't I?"

"Firstly you're not at the proper age; If you did not accelerate a level, you would still be in 2nd year, meaning you can't go yet. Secondly, there is a mass murderer out there who wants to kill your brother. Should I go on?"

" Ohh come on dad. Firstly, I proved that I am smart enough to accelerate, meaning I am smart enough to not do something reckless at Hogsmead. Secondly, I am not my brother meaning I am not the one who he's going to hurt. And also limited people only know Harry is my brother, how would he even know who I am."

"He is one of the few who knows who you really are. Let's just say that he was close to James Potter  but as you know betrayed them at the end."

While I and dad are discussing uncle Luci excused himself.

"I apologize for this short visit but I still have work to do at the Ministry. I'll see you, two troublemakers, on holiday. Severus, thank you for keeping Draco in check."

"Goodbye uncle Luci, have fun at work!" I hugged him and he kissed my head.

"Farewell father, safe travels." D hugged him also and uncle Luci kissed his forehead which D wiped off immediately.

"Be good Dragon, you too princess."

"When are we ever bad uncle Luci?" I teased

He raised his eyebrow and gestured to the room. Oh right, that is why we were here in the first place. I just grinned and scratched my head. I saw my dad roll his eyes from the corner of my eye.

"Severus, can I use your floo?"

"Of course it is at the back."

There is a little living room at the back of dad's office where he likes to rest for a while before grading papers. Instead of going to his quarters he mainly rests there when he still got lots of paperwork to finish.

After uncle Luci left Dad just looked at the two of us.

"Where are you going to sleep tonight?" asked dad

"I was thinking back in the common room."

"Well, you're going to sleep at our quarters for tonight. We still have to discuss this predicament."

"Okay, dad." I huffed.

"Now, none of that. I'll explain it more thoroughly later."

"Alright."

D and I left the office. 

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for voting and being patient with me. I hope you guys had a great holiday! And btw do you want Snape to allow Samie to go to Hogsmead or would you like for her to sneak out with Harry?