Chapter 32

(Severus' POV)

After I got Samie to go to the Great hall to eat I stayed with Draco for a while.

"Tell me the whole story?" 

"huh?"

"Tell me the whole story. What happened with Rubeus' class?"

"Ohh its nothing."

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, if you don't tell me what really happened I will extend your detention with me."

I heard him gulp

"Well I teased Longbottom for not listening to the oaf but S scolded me for that."

"What has this to do with anything?"

"Well after that, the golden trio began insulting me and our house. I deserved it I know but they also insulted our squad and our actual house. S got upset so the whole class she was a bit not herself."

I was thinking of how she is right now. I really hate Potter and his 'crew' always has something to say.

"Continue Draco."

"Well after that, the oaf (I glared at him) I mean Hagrid introduced us to a giant monstrosity of a bird. You know how S gets when there are birds near her. She was frightened. The Gryffindorks noticed and giggled. Brown was the one who pointed it out. I defended her by doing something reckless and got myself in this situation."

"I agree that you did do something reckless but I would like to thank you for defending her. The sentiment was there but please avoid doing something before thinking."

"Yes uncle Sev"

"Now, rest. I'll clear your schedule for the day."

I went to my quarters to rest for a bit but then I noticed a pair of shoes by the door. I found that Samie's door was opened a bit. A little crack. I opened it and saw her lying face down.

"What did I say about going to the Great Hall to eat?"

She was startled so she jumped up to sit down. She faced me and I saw how red her eyes were.

I was very concerned so I sat down on the corner of her bed ,"Little snake come here for a moment."

(Samie's POV)

I was laying on my bed thinking of how angry I am to Harry so I didn't even noticed someone went inside my room.

"What did I say about going to the Great Hall to eat?"

I was startled so I faced him. He sat on my bed and raised his hand to me, "Little snake come here for a moment."

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me to his lap.

"Dad, you know I'm too big to sit on your lap."

He snorted and said, "I do not care how old you are, if my little snake is upset I would gladly lend my lap to you. So, may you tell me what made you upset?"

(Severus' POV)

I was stroking her hair so she could calm down a bit. 

"Its nothing really daddy."

"You don't call me 'daddy' unless something is bothering you or you want something. Do not lie to me. How can I help you if you don't tell me what has been bothering you."

"It is not a big deal dad. I don't want to burden you with my petty issues." she murmured the last bit.

"I don't care how petty you think they may be. I don't care if you stubbed your toe. If it is bothering you, It is bothering me. This is because I do not like to see my little snake sad." 

We stayed like this for a bit. She was deciding whether to tell me or not. I just laid her head on my chest.

"The trio confronted me. I really was about to go to the Great Hall but they confronted me."

I nodded for her to continue. What did Potter and his band do now.

"Well, they asked me where I was. I said I was with D. They started insulting D and asked me why I hangout with him. I got angry. They were insulting him while he was in the hospital. After that they started insulting my house, our house. They also started insulting you.  On why you favor us and so on. I was so upset that I just shouted my reasoning to them and walked out. I was planning to go back to the common room but I wanted to be alone so I went here. I'm sorry I didn't eat lunch."

"You do not have to apologize to me. You handled the situation better than I thought. If that were to happen to me, I would have hexed their bottoms to tomorrow." '

She just smiled and giggled.

"There is the smile that I am looking for. You don't have to listen to what they say. We Slytherins stick together. We should not care what other people say, especially the Gryffindors."

"I know that Dad but it still hurts. Harry is my brother and Ron and Hermione are my friends. They were technically insulting me because I'm also a Slytherin."

"Here is the thing little snake. If your so called friends can't respect you, your other friends and your house then they do no not deserve you. But, as much as I hate to say this, I really do not want to say this but if they do apologize and they are being sincere, do try your best to forgive them. Even if it is that blasted Potter."

I wished Lily forgave me a lot earlier when we were at school. I would have had a lot of time spending it with her. But I know it will be hard for Samie because both Lily and I likes to hold on to grudges.

"I'll try but it did really hurt"

"I know hatchling."

"Hatchling?" she made an annoyed face

"Why yes hatchling. I think 'my little snake' is too long now and plus, 'hatchling' seems to annoy you so that is a bonus." I chuckled 

"Uggh you are so embarrassing." she rolled her eyes. 

"Ohh am I now?" I looked at her with a smirk. 

Her eyes widen when she realized what I was about to do.

"Don't you da-" 

Before she can continue her sentence, I began to tickle her. 

"Stoppp itt HAHAHAHAHA I can't handle it. STOP ITT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

"So you are not upset anymore?"

"Yes dad, I'm not upset anymore. Umm Thanks for you know, being here."

"I will always be here for you hatchling." 

She rolled her eyes at the new nickname I gave her but she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me.

"I love you." she whispered

"Obviously" I teased

She just smacked my arm.

"Alright, alright. I love you too."

"Always?

"Always."