Chapter 58

"Very well, kill him. But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why."

"Uncle Moony?!" Samie pointed her wand at him and stood shocked at what he heard her godfather had just said. 

Remus and Sirius quickly looked at Samie in surprise. "Cub, lower your wand. This is not what it looks like." Remus said while raising his hands in surrender.

"Yes, it is!" Harry screamed, "I know why. You betrayed my parents. You're the reason they're dead."

"No, Harry, it wasn't him. Somebody did betray your parents, but it was somebody who until quite recently I believed to be dead." Remus replied

Harry was getting irritated with their excuses and shouted, "Who was it then?"

"PETER PETTIGREW!" Serius exclaimed

Samie jumped in surprise and pointed her wand at Sirius.

Sirius looked at Samie with a demented look but softened when he realized who it was. "Now, now darling, you don't want to do that."

Samie was angry and spat, "Why not? You, after all, killed my mother!"

Sirius shook his head, "Peter is in this room. Right now. Come out, come out, Peter! Come out, come out and play!" 

While Sirius was moving towards Ron, Severus and Draco finally kept up.

"Expelliarmus!" Severus took Sirius' wand. Severus dragged her daughter behind him, and Draco held Samie's hand tightly. Severus signaled the two to go to Harry.

Samie quickly hugged Harry, "Are you alright? I felt like I was being hit by a tree."

"I'm fine. I'm sorry you felt that."

"It's okay. As long as you're alive."

Draco nodded to Harry in greeting.

Harry nodded back and watched Severus.

Severus' wand was pointed at Sirius. "Ah, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you.

"Severus -" Remus tried to talk Snape down, but Severus quickly pointed his wand at him.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle, and now here's the proof."

Sirius scoffed, "Brilliant, Snape - once again, you've put your keen and penetrating mind to the task and, as usual, come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to."

Severus' patience was growing thin, and he jabbed his wand on Sirius's throat, "Give me a reason, I ..... BEG ....... YOU."

"Severus, Don't be a fool-" Remus started.

"He can't help it; it's habit by now." Sirius continued

"Sirius quiet," Remus said

"You quiet yourself, Remus!"

"Listen to you two, quarreling like an old married couple," Severus stated

"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set?" Sirius mocked him.

Severus pushed his wand to Black's throat, "I could do it, you know... But why deny the Dementors? They're so longing to see you."

Sirius was by now trembling when he declared the dementors association.

Severus smirked, "Do I detect a flicker of fear? Ah, yes. The Dementor's Kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best."

Samie was getting worried about her dad. As much as he looks like he has the power, Sirius Black is still a murderer, and she is concerned about how close his father was to him. Samie still doesn't know how to feel about his godfather's relationship with Black.

"Dad?"

"Now Severus, Listen to your daughter.-" Sirius started

"Do not involve her!"

"You shouldn't even have gotten her! If Voldemort didn't target the Potters, James would be the father! Lily only gave her to you for safety! Nothing else!" Sirius taunted

"Shut up! She is mine! My Blood, my daughter!" Severus was now getting livid.

"You may be her blood, but it doesn't erase the fact that James was her father first, even if it was only for a few weeks. Did you know how he doted on her when she was a baby? She was his little girl. He fought Lily not to give her to you! He was devastated when he lost the argument." Sirius, by now, was just prolonging the time by ridiculing Snape.

"I am and only am her father! She is my blood; I raised her, I loved her. You don't have any claim on her!" Severus pointed his wand at the door, "After you."

Severus signaled them to follow him when suddenly Harry disarmed him with a powerful expelliarmus, and Snape flew, knocking him unconscious.

"DAD!" Samie screamed and ran to her father, but Sirius caught her.

"Get off of me! Let me go!" Samie screeched

Draco pointed his wand at Sirius but was disarmed by Remus.

"shh, now darling, just let us explain before you form your opinion," Sirius whispered and rubbed her head to calm her.

To everyone's surprise, it worked. Samie hated that it did calm her but thought that if she didn't struggle, he would loosen his hold on her and would be able to escape and check on her father.

Sirius grinned when she was somewhat calmer now, "I didn't think it would still work. When your parents were tired, and Remus was off somewhere, I was the one who let you sleep. Whenever I gently pat and massage your lower scalp, you will be out like a light."

Samie ignored him because she couldn't process it right now.

"But I have to see if my dad's alright."

Sirius scoffed," Snivvy has a hard head believe me. He's fine." 

"Don't call him that!" 

"Sirius, just let her check on him," Remus said 

Sirius rolled his eyes and muttered a fine. He released his hold on Samie, and she jabbed her elbow in his stomach and ran to her unconscious father. Sirius doubled over but laughed.

Harry then pointed Hermione's wand at Sirius.

"Tell me about Peter Pettigrew!"

At last, I have posted another chapter! Thank you to everyone who is still reading my book, even if the update takes a bit long. I want to tell you I appreciate every vote and comment. Until next time <3