Chapter 63

When Harry finally makes it down to Black, he sees him as a fully grown man, his arms and face sparkling from the lacerations he's sustained. 

"Sirius!" Harry looks into his watery eyes with a worried expression. Harry's jaw opens, and a delicate mist emerges. The brisk wind tosses his hair about. His skin is covered in goosebumps. A sliver of ice may be seen along the shoreline of the lake. Then they appear, seeping through the trees on the other side of the lake like smoke.

 Dementors.

A tiny silvery wisp weeps from the wand when Harry draws it from his pocket, hovering above him like a veil. Unfortunately, the Dementors haven't stopped showing up. "Expecto Patronum!" says Harry as he rests his palm over Black's throbbing heart and raises his wand once again, "Expecto... Patronum..."

Harry's Patronus blooms for a little while and then dies. His eyes flicker as he notices the Dementors twisting and swirling in his field of vision, closing in on him. His eyes twitch. A gasp could be heard from Black. It's as if his whole soul is fleeing from within him as silvery plumes of light emerge from his lips.

Then a ray of light emerged from the branches of the trees. Suddenly, Harry notices a luminous stag appear, its body glowing brightly and cutting through the trees, bringing light into the darkness. The Dementors wither in its wake, but more come in to replace them, sweeping down in waves from the sky above. 

Harry went unconscious, utterly unaware that a luminous doe had suddenly assisted the stag in expelling the other Dementors in the area. 

~Time Skip~

Samie stirred and wiped the corners of her eyes. As she started to awaken, she was greeted by the fragrance of bleach and cleanliness, which led her to believe she was in the infirmary. Once her eyes had cleared, she noticed the curtain surrounding her bed, which means she was indeed in the infirmary. Once awake, she anticipated her father or Draco to appear at her bedside, though she was taken aback when she saw her godfather, who was looking down on her with concern marring his face.

"Uncle Luci?" Samie asked as she tried to sit up. Lucius, quick on his toes, gently placed his hands on her shoulders, "Don't sit up just yet, princess. You just woke up." Lucius smiled at her. Samie then nodded in reply.

"Where's dad? or even D?" Samie asked once she tried to recall everything.

Lucius pondered for a moment and murmured a 'maffliato' before continuing, "Your father had business with the Headmaster, no doubt discussing the events that took place recently. And as far as my son is concerned," Lucius moved out of her way. Samie saw Narcissa caressing his son's hair while Draco was sleeping. "He is out like a light. The events took quite a lot out of him, just like you, I presume?"

Samie nodded, "What about Harry?" Lucius' expression changed to one of annoyance but clearly, not at her. "That Potter boy is doing just fine. He certainly did not make it any easier."

"He was just trying to save Sirius." Samie made an attempt to defend her brother. Lucius scoffed, "By putting his life in danger! Which, in turn, is risking your life! I do not care what that lad does with his life. However, when my family is getting dragged into his mess...,"

"Lucius," Narcissa warned.

He paused, and a slight blush colored his skin. "Please do accept my apologies, princess. It would have been better if I had kept my cool. My actions are not suitable as a man with my standing." He gently took a breath and held my small hands in his rather large one, "Forgive my unseemly manner, though from what Dragon and your father have told me, we almost lost you."

Samie was just about to respond when they heard mumbles behind the curtains. Lucius has undergone a significant transformation, which Samie can immediately detect. In the blink of an eye, he transitioned from being a worried godfather to becoming an aristocratic pureblood. Narcissa has apparently altered a little bit as well. She still has the appearance of a concerned mother, but she now possesses the elegance and grace of a woman, of her stature. Lucius canceled his spell and opened the curtain.

"Lucius! I had no idea you were going to be here," The Minister extended his greetings. He made his way over to Lucius and shook his hand. He then turned to Narcissa, "It is always a joy, Lady Malfoy," he said as he approached Narcissa, who had risen to her feet. He tenderly kissed the back of her hand. "It is my pleasure, Minister," Narcissa said with a polite smile.

Lucius then escorted the Minister to both Draco's and Samie's beds, where they rested. "As you can see, Cornelius, both my son and goddaughter, had been affected by the incident. Samantha Lillian Snape is my goddaughter, and she is a beautiful young lady. She is an outstanding student and, along with my son, is currently the top student in Potions class. I would introduce you to my son, the only Heir of House Malfoy, but unfortunately, the earlier events have taken a toll on him, and he is currently recuperating."

The Minister smiled and gently asked for Samie's hand. She gave it without hesitation. She learned all about this with Draco at etiquette lessons.

The Minister kissed her hand in the same manner as he had done with Narcissa. "Ms. Snape, it is a pleasure to be meeting you. It's just that I wish it had happened under different circumstances."

Samie smiled sweetly, "The pleasure is all mine, Minister. And I, too, wish the circumstances were different."

Fudge grinned in amusement, "Oh my, what a polite lass you are. If I'm correct, is your father Professor Severus Tobias Prince Snape? The Potions Professor?"

"Yes, Minister." Samie acknowledged.

"He is also the youngest person getting his mastery in potions," Lucius added.

He nodded. "Yes, yes. Anyway, I would like to congratulate you for he will get an Order of Merlin, Second  Class, I'd say. First Class if I can wangle it!"

Samie was stunned, "For what?"

Fudge looked at her in bewilderment, "For capturing Sirius Black, of course!"

Happy Late Newyear!!! ♥