Chapter 20

(Severus' POV)_

"Its about Samantha"

"What about her?" I asked

"You probably know why the Dark Lord wants her."

"He wants her to be his heiress because she is special. The only thing right I heard come out from his mouth. My daughter is indeed special."

"I agree, but that is not all why the Dark Lord wants her Severus."

"What else then? I know he would want to use my daughter against Potter brat but what more does he want?"

"I believe he really wants her to be his daughter. Not just an heiress but to be his father."

I scoffed. 

"Albus the Dark Lord doesn't do relationships. He doesn't even know the word love. Why would he want another man's child to be his own?"

"Quite the contrary  Severus, before Voldemort happened he once had a daughter. Unfortunately she died. And I think he believes that Samantha is his daughter."

"That doesn't make any sense Albus. I am her Father. I have my blood in her veins. How can he think that my daughter is his?!" I said while rubbing my forehead.

"Reincarnation Severus"

"So you are telling me that my daughter is the reincarnation of the Dark Lord's dead daughter?"

"I believe so."

I sat on the chair and placed my head on my hands. How can I protect her? Why does my daughter have to deal with this?

"Severus, I believe we should plan ahead. When the Dark Lord returns your position as a spy may be endangered. You have to follow everything he says."

"Albus I have been doing that for years. No need to remind me."

"I believe you are forgetting somethings Severus."

"What am I......" I finally understood what the old coot is refering.

"NO Albus. I will never. How can you even think that?"

"Severus you have to understand. When he finds out that his most loyal servant is the father of his supposed daughter he will ask you to give her to him."

"And what I would just give my daughter up just like some object?"

"Severus, I am trying to say that when the time comes, Samantha will be with the Order. And having a spy is great and all but having a 2 spies who the Dark Lord trusts can give us the upper hand."

"You are not using my daughter in your sick game Albus! I may be one of  your pawns but I will not let you use her like you did me."

"Severus you know you have no say in what the Dark Lord requests of you. If you disobeyed him he would kill you. And what happens to your daughter when your dead? This is the only way to ensure both your safety."

I was contemplating what the manipulative old man said. He might be mad but I can't deny he is all knowing. 

"I will think about it but for now I need to go back and take care of my daughter" 

and with that I walked out of his office.

I opened the door to my chambers and I heard whimpering. I quickly went in Samie's room to see her crying and trashing in her bed.

"Samie, my little snake. Wake up for me. It is just a dream. Please wake up I'm here. You are safe. Daddy's here. please wake up."

(Samie's POV)

"-ake up, I'm here, please wake up" I heard someone waking me up.

I opened my eyes and I saw dad. I slowly sat down.

"What happened?" I asked

"You were crying. Do you not remember your dream?"

I touched my face to see that I was indeed crying. 

"I really don't remember."

"It is alright. Do you want some milk?"

"No its okay."

My dad tuck me in and was about to leave.

"Dad umm... can I stay with you?"

He looked at me and smiled.

"May I." He corrected

I just rolled my eyes playfully and scoot over.

He went in bed with me and I laid my head on his chest while he cuddled me. 

He was playing with my hair and hummed a song. (Lavender's Blue)

After a while we fell asleep.