Chapter 41

(Samie's POV)

I was really in a bad mood. I really wanted to go to Hogsmead. All my friends are going. 

"Come on S, stop with the sulking."

"Well, you're not the one whose parent refused to allow you to go," I grumbled

"I told you that I would gladly stay with you. There is always next year.."

"No. I can't do that to you. I remember you telling me when you were in your 1st year that you can't wait to go when you heard the upper levels went to Hogsmead."

"But-"

"It's alright D. I'm not that selfish to keep you from attending since I can't."

"Alright then. I'll just get you something when I come back."

"Dad said that we will be talking later tonight. Maybe I can convince him?"

"You know as well as I that if it comes to your safety he wouldn't change his decision."

I sighed and bowed my head. 

I spent most of the day catching up to the trio. After the whole conflict in our friendship, we wanted to try and mend it back together. Harry also can't go to Hogsmead because his uncle didn't sign it. He has been begging grandma Minnie to allow him. 

It was now 10 minutes to curfew so I headed down to the dungeons. I was a bit nervous. I will be doing my very best to convince my dad to let me go.

I was now in front of our door. I was constructing a plan in my head on how to make my dad agree with me. This is so going to be hard. When I was convincing uncle Luci about letting me and D rest for the day it was hard but possible. Unfortunately with dad Its going to be 100 times more difficult. He was the one who taught me how to slither my way in or out of situations. 

I was still caught up in my own mind that I hadn't realized that the door was now open and my dad was right in front of me arms crossed with a raised eyebrow.

"Are you coming inside or are you still planning on how to convince me? 5 minutes more and you will be getting a detention for being out of bed."

 I was so busy conducting a plan that I didn't notice that I was standing outside for a while.

"Oops. Sorry loss in thought." I awkwardly grinned.

He rolled his eyes and let me inside. He motioned me to sit on the couch. We sat down in silence. A couple of minutes has passed and I was about to blurt out my explanations on why I should be able to go but he cut me off.

"No. I am not allowing you to go. There is a murderer out there on the hunt for Potter. And just like I told you before, he knows who you are. He knows you are Potter's sister. I want you to understand that it is very dangerous being out. He may not want to get you directly but if he can get his hands on you he will no doubt use you to get to Potter. I am only doing this for your safety so please listen for once."

Okay, my plan was now out the door. He practically burned my plan and bury it deep within the ground.

I grumbled and slouch. I know I will not win this war so I surrendered.

"Fine." I said with a frown.

"Now, no need for that little snake. I know you really want to go but you know that I will always prioritize your safety. Come here."

I stood up and dragged my feet towards him. He gently pulled me on his lap and hugged me. I sat sideways and my head was resting on his neck, my arms were on my side and his arms wrapped around me. I was trying to resist but I love hugging my dad. He just makes me feel safe and content.

"I know what you're doing." I said

"hmm?" he replied

"You're using the cuddles so I won't be upset with you." I frowned

"Well, is it working?"

I really wanted to say no but I just can't.

"A bit." I reluctantly say.

He just chuckled and hummed. 

"I just want you to know that I'm doing this for you. Yes, I want you to be happy and be with your peers but I want you to be safe more. I'll make it up to you next time. Let's have a deal, when the Yule break starts we can go to Hogsmead. Just you and me, you can even bring Draco if you like."

I sat straight and look him in the eye. I was grinning like a mad man.

"Really? We'll do that?" I asked happily.

My dad smiled and nodded

I squealed and hugged him tighter. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you so so much! You're the best!" 

"Well glad to know that I'm the best and I'm only loved when you're pleased." He said sarcastically. 

I laughed, " Oh come on dad, You know I love you very much and that you're the best. This is just an extra bonus because of the deal."

He rolled his eyes and nodded.

"I'll only go through with the deal if there is payment." he said

I was a bit confused. He wanted me to pay him for going out with him? I suddenly realized what the payment was. He was pointing to his cheek and waiting patiently. I giggled and kissed his cheek. I don't know why but every time I'm with dad I become so childish. 

"Thank you hatchling." 

"When are you going to stop calling me hatchling?" I asked. It's not that I don't like it, actually, I like him calling me pet names but sometimes I feel like I'm too old for them and it's embarrassing especially when I'm with D or with my godparents.

"Hmm, probably.......... never." He smirked

I just rolled my eyes.

"It's getting late hatchling. You should get ready for bed."

I stood up and stretched

"Okay, dad. Good night! love you." I kissed his cheek again.

"Good night my little snake. I love you too."