Chapter 61

"Very well," said Lupin. "Stand aside," Harry and Samie hesitated,

"I'm going to tie him up," said Lupin. "That's all, I swear."

Both Samie and Harry step out of the way. Thin cords shot from Lupin's wand this time, and next moment, Pettigrew was wriggling on the floor, bound and gagged.

"But if you transform, Peter," growled Black, his wand pointing at Pettigrew too, " we will kill you. You agree, children?" 

Harry and Samie looked at each other and nodded, but before they voiced their reply, Snape scoffed as he rolled his eyes at the two adults. 

Samie and Harry looked at Snape worriedly as he advanced at Pettigrew and pointed his wand. 

Snape whispered, "Petrificus Totalus."

Pettigrew suddenly froze and stopped his wriggling.

"As always, I am the only adult who uses his brain in this room. If you don't know what it is Black, it is the thing between your ears. If there still is something there other than air,"

Black tried to scoff it off but was clearly embarrassed as his face was flushed. Remus scratched the back of his head and blushed.

Samie's awe of his father grew a bit more as even she didn't think of it. Who would have thought that such a low-level spell often used by inexperienced or young wizards and witches in dueling be helpful in this kind of situation?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry about the bite." As Sirius and the others talked to each other, Samie turned to Draco.

"You've been awfully quiet." She whispered to him

Draco looked at Samie as if she had grown another head, "Well, I'm sorry for not wanting the attention on me for once. If you couldn't see, there was a murderer with us in the room."

Samie giggled a bit, "mhm, your self-preservation skills are quite out there, no?"

Draco scoffed, "Well, both my parents are Slytherins S. Self-preservation is the most important skill to have." he teased.

Samie faked offend, "Am I not Slytherin enough for you, your Majesty?"

Draco laughed, "Oh, you're a Slytherin alright, especially if we are basing it of earlier. You did kinda scared me a bit."

Samie shoves Draco playfully as they laugh.

"I am serious, S. You are a Slytherin, but there are times that your Gryfindor side of the family gets in the way. Like for example, you didn't wait for uncle Sev and me. You just came bursting inside the shack. I'm just glad uncle Sev knew how to get past the Whomping Willow without us getting smacked around by a tree. Otherwise, you wouldn't care and try to go straight in without consideration for your safety." Draco explains.

"Well, that may be something that I got from my mum then." Samie smiled as she felt glad that she did inherit some of her mother's traits.

Samie and Draco felt a hand over their shoulder, "Keep on moving. This is not the appropriate place nor time to chit chat and dilly dally." Snape gently guided them to be faster. Lupin, on the other hand, levitated a stunned Pettigrew.

As they exited the shack, Samie heard Harry, "What! Come live with you?"

Samie then smiled at the interaction

"Soon as my name's cleared," Sirius replied

Harry looks at Hogwarts then grins as Sirius does the same. Then, Hermione's voice rises in the air, quivering with fear.

"Harry?"

Samie almost forgot that Hermione was still there with them looked at her. She pointed at the moon. Samie was confused. She didn't know why she was so scared of the moon. 

As she observed everyone, Sirius, Harry, Ron, Pettigrew, and even her dad looked at Remus worriedly. Samie then turned to Draco if he knew which, just as she looked absolutely oblivious. 

Snape quickly grabbed both Samie and Draco away from Lupin, giving them a bit of distance from him.

"Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?" Sirius asked

Lupin, twitching, shakes his head no. Samie was getting frightened of what was happening to her godfather that she tried to come near him to comfort him, not knowing that Lupin was on his way to transforming into a mindless beast.

Seeing his daughter's movement, Severus quickly grabbed her wrist and harshly pulled her to him.

"Dad! What's happening to uncle Moony?"

"Run. All of you. Now." Sirius yelled, but none of them do, transfixed, watching as bristles poke through Lupin's skin. Black steps forward and wraps his arms around his friend, presses his mouth to his ear, "You know the man you truly are, Remus. This flesh is only flesh."

Samie has now connected the dots and was literally traumatized by seeing how his godfather's transformation was happening. You can hear bone after bone was breaking, elongating to form into a werewolf. She never knew what her godfather was, so this came to her as a shock. Draco was screaming, trying to distance himself from the beast as much as possible. 

A few moments later, Remus Lupin was now gone, replaced by a hungry, wild, and vicious beast.

Due to that, Pettigrew was dropped and released from the body binding curse.

Another Chapter for y'all! Hope you enjoyed this one. If there are any suggestions or questions don't be shy to give/ask them! Once again, thanks for all the votes and comments! I really appreciate them <3