Chapter 39

(Samie's POV)

I woke up hours later. My dad already left. Probably has some classes to teach. This is now the time to talk with my brother. I sat down and stretched. The curtains are still closed around me so I opened them. I saw Harry awake. There is an unoccupied bed between us. He suddenly looked at me. Harry sat down and he was trying to say something but closed his mouth.

"Are you alright Samie?" He asked

I raised my eyebrow.

"Um yeah, dumb question. Yes you're alright cause I'm alright." Harry said.

I just nodded. I didn't know what to say.

"I am really really sorry Samie. I was being a prat. An insensitive prat. I really didn't meant to hurt you. I'm sorry for judging Slytherin and insulting your dad and your friends especially Malfoy. I-I... miss you." I can see the sincerity in his eyes.

I smiled at him.

"You better be sorry." I joked

he just laughed

He walked toward my bed. I looked at him a little confused. Then suddenly he hugged me tightly. I just cuddled with him. My head was on his chest and his cheek was resting on my head.

"I'm really sorry Sissy." he whispered.

"I know Brodie."

"I will try my best to be civil with your friends but I don't think we can be bestfriends as of now."

"That is all I'm asking for Harry."

"umm Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure?"

"How did you block me out in you know our connection. I know you were ignoring me at first but after that it is like you didn't hear me."

"Ohh that. You were really getting annoying so I asked my dad how to stop you from babbling in my head. He taught me basic occlumency."

"Occlu what?"

"Occlumency. Its like protecting your mind. I used that so I can't hear you in my head. It also is a counter to legilimency."

"What's legilimency?"

"It is someone who looks inside your mind."

"So basically mind reading?"

"NOOO! My dad is totally going to strangle you if he heard you right now. He always say that "The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure." "( I did my best Severus Snape impression. With a scowl to match.) 

We just burst out laughing. I really did miss Harry.

Harry and I are somewhat good now. Hermione and Ron also apologized. We were not as close as before but we're getting there. The holidays are close, and I really want to take a break. It has been a stressful school year. I am also excited about going to Hogsmead.

D and I are walking through the corridors when we heard a familiar voice. 

"I expected better staff this year from you Dumbledore. Especially with Quirrell in Draco's first year and that fraud Lockhart. Now you have a giant teaching the students. I do not care what creature you let the students learn from but at least make that person competent. My son's life was endangered when that oaf was teaching."

"I assure you Mr. Malfoy that Hagrid is a competent professor. Your son provoked the creature so it was his fault."

"My son is a child Dumbledore. Your so called professor should be prepared. He is after all teaching children. I do not care if a student provoked it, they are kids they do not know better, but your staff should."

"Hey D"

"I know. Its my dad."

"Why are they talking in the hallway?"

"I think the discussion was ending."

"Are they talking about Hagrid?"

"Probably, yeah."

"I think we should leave. We shouldn't have listened."

"Yes, I agree. You two shouldn't have listened."

There was a cold voice behind us. We slowly looked. Standing in his glory was my father, arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

"Hey dad..."

Hey uncle Sev..."

Me and D said together. I awkwardly waved and D rubbed the back of his neck.

"What are the 2 of you doing here?"

"You see, D and I were walking and we stumbled upon a voice. We didn't mean to eavesdrop."

"Honest! Uncle Sev, they were just talking too loud, its their fault -." I elbowed D on the stomach.

"Really?" dad asked

"Please don't tell dad uncle Sev."

Me and D pleaded.

"Pease don't tell dad what?" 

A new voice cut in. We tensed. We looked at the owner of the voice. Uncle Lucius was holding his walking stick with both his hands crossed resting on it. His eyebrow was also raised. I saw some students staring at us. Of coarse if I was a student and saw the 2 most intimidating people look at their offspring with curiosity I will also be staring. Me and D gulped.

"Hello uncle." 

"Hello father."

"What did I tell you two about eavesdropping?"

"That we should not get caught." 

We bowed our head

"And?"

"We shouldn't do it on family."

"And what is the consequence should you two get caught?"

"Being grounded?"

"Lucius. Let's talk somewhere private. The students are watching." Dad said.

Uncle nodded.

oops I think we're in trouble.