Chapter 5

(Samie's Pov)

I was sleeping peacefully then someone was waking me up.

"Hey there my little snake. Happy birthday. You need to wake up now."

I heard my dad say.

"Um yeah maybe 5 more minutes." I said turning to my side.

"Come now Samie. It's your birthday don't you want to get your presents?"

Once I heard that I quickly sat up and accidentally bumped my head to dad's.

"Aghh. I'm so sorry." I rubbed my forehead.

My dad chuckled and said, "Well someone's excited to get their presents.-

Happy birthday sweetheart." He kissed my forehead.

"Thanks dad" I grinned.

"Come now and let's eat. I made your favorite."

"Bacon and mac n cheese?" I asked while smirking.

He nodded.

"Yurmm irt's sho cheeshey!" I said while eating.

"Samantha do not talk while your mouth is full." He said sternly.

"I'm sorry dad but it's true though it is delicious." I said.

My dad smirked and said, "Well of course it is delicious I made it with my bare hands."

I was shocked, "Wait what? Really? I thought Snippy made this? You can cook?"

Snippy is our house elf. We really don't need him but he was gift from my uncle Luci. So we just make her cook our food  while I do the other chores. Like I said, dad likes me to do things without magic and learn to do basic stuff.

My dad raised and eyebrow. "What did I just tell you earlier? I said that I made you your favorite. And ofcourse I can cook. One of my many talents."

I laughed, "I thought you mean by made me my favorite is you made Snippy do it. And when did you learn how to cook? I did not take you as a person who cook." I giggled.

"Cooking is similar to potions making my little snake. And you know I enjoy making potions as I enjoy cooking"

"But I never see you cook?"

"That is because Snippy is in charge in that department. As much as I will love cooking for you I really don't have the time to cook with my busy schedule. And even if I had the time, Snippy will be useless to us. And you know that elf loves to cook also."

I just shrugged

"Thanks for the meal it was really good" I said with a grin

"So are you ready for your gifts?"
Dad asked as we sat on the couch.

"Absolutely" I smiled

My dad passed me all the gifts. Uncle Luci and Aunt Cissi gave me a black and green dress. D gave me candies and some zonko's stuff. I laughed because we like to play pranks. Grandpa Albus gave me lemon drops and some scarves. Grandma Minnie gave me books.

My dad gave me his gift it was in a small box.

"What is it?"

"Open it and you will find out." My dad said.

I opened it and I saw a beautiful necklace.