Chapter 19

(Samie's POV)

After we got out of the chamber we went to the medical wing to get checked out. After that dad insists me to say at his quarters.

"I'm really fine dad."

"You almost died Samie. You can't blame for being protective now."

"Overprotective" I corrected. 

He rolled his eyes and said, "Fine, but just for tonight stay with me."

"I really am staying with you weather you like it or not. You didn't have to ask."

He just chuckled and hugged me tightly and kissed my head. We stayed like that for a bit. 

"Please don't scare me like that little snake. I don't think I can handle it again." he whispered to me.

"I'm really sorry dad. I didn't want you to worry and I promise I would've told you but the circumstances prevented me."

"I'm your dad it is my job to worry about you. You don't need to apologize but please avoid getting into trouble and if you can't I will be by your side as long as you tell me so I can help you."

I nodded 

"Can you please tell me what happened down there?" He asked me.

I told him about the diary and the basilisk. 

I can see my father tense "So you met the dark lord?"

"Yeah. He wanted Harry to die of coarse but that was not his first priority though."

"What is it then?"

"Well apart from being 'alive' h-he...... w-wa-wanted m-me...." 

I saw his eyes darken. It was mix with confusion, anger, fear.

"Why?" He asked

"He said he wanted me to be his heiress. T-to be powerful. I don't know. He said I was special."

When I said that. It finally hit me. He wanted me. He wanted to take me away from my real father. He wanted me to fight my brother. What if he gets to me. I don't want to be his daughter. I love my dad, my brother, and my friends. I didn't even realize that I was crying. 

My dad hugged me tightly.

"I'm scared dad." This is like deja vu. 

"I'm here. Your safe now. I won't let him get to you." 

My dad looked at my hair and sighed. We sat down on the couch and then he started transfiguring a cup into a hair brush. He brushed my hair and got rid of all the tangles. This is one of my favorite things to do with dad. That made smile. While he was done brushing. I laid my head on his lap while he played with my hair. It was so relaxing that I didn't realized that I fell asleep.

(Severus's POV)

After Samie had fallen asleep, I just watched her. I can't seem to process the fact that my daughter, my little snake just met the Dark Lord. I don't know what to feel. to feel relieved that the Dark Lord does not want to kill her or to be more terrified that the Dark Lord wants her. The Dark Lord doesn't know that I'm her father but I know he will know soon. I was so lost in thought, I didn't even realized that someone just entered.

A cough caught my attention. As I look up to see the owner of that sound, I found Albus. Of coarse it is Albus.

"What do you need Albus? Can't you see that I am tending to my child who almost had a near death experience. Can't you just return tomorrow? If you need more potions you can ask Poppy. I know she have some stocks." I said while playing with Samie's hair.

"I'm sorry to bother you Severus, but this is important."

I knew he was serious so I gently picked Samie up, careful not to wake her I carried her to her room in my quarters and tucked her in. I kissed her forehead and whispered I'll be back. 

I followed Abus to his office.

"What is it that you need to tell me Headmaster?" I asked

"It is about Samantha." 

Sorry for the long update school just started last month so I got a bit busy I will try to update everyweek.