Chapter 26

(Samie's POV)

"You're going to be at the Weasleys later this afternoon. They will also be accompanying you to the platform."

"Why? We can go to the platform together and besides there is only 3 days till September 1."

"I have something important to do for tomorrow and the next day. If I can, I'll try to meet you at the platform but if you don't see me it is probably because I'm already in."

That was a bit weird. What important stuff can take his time that much? 2 days? 

"Umm Uncle Moony who will bring me to them?"

Suddenly someone spoke from behind me, "I will" a deep monotone voice said. 

I turned around and saw my dad. I ran and jumped into his arms.

"DAD!!"

He picked me up and and kissed my head.

"Did you really miss me that much little snake?" He smirked

"I haven't seen you in a long time dad. Can't blame me."

"I just saw you 5 days ago." 

"The looongest 5 days daaadddd. And yeah put me down because I am not a baby."

"You were the one who jumped into my arms and now you are complaining?"

"I jumped into your arms for a hug not to carry me."

He still didn't let me go

"Dad put me down. You're embarrassing me." I grumbled

"Can't a father just hold his daughter for a little while. I also missed you you know. Besides no one is even in the room."

I didn't even realized uncle Moony left the room. So that's why dad is showing emotions. And to be honest I really like being carried and being held by my dad but I will never tell him that. I really feel safe around him. 

"But dad I'm 12 now. I'm a big girl. No need to carry me."

"Please don't remind me." he scowled at me.

"Come on put me down old man. You might hurt your back." I teased

"Excuse me I am not old. And if you haven't noticed I am pretty strong. You are getting heavy little snake." he teased back

He put me down and I faked shocked.

"Excuse you. Are you telling me I'm fat?"

"I did not say such thing." he smirked

I smacked his arm hard.

"I am not fat. this (I flexed my arms) is pure bones and muscle."

"Sure your noodle arms are pure muscle." he teased 

"HEYY!" 

He just chuckled. But then turned into serious mode.

"So is Lupin treating you well?"

"Yes dad. He really is fun to be around. I just can't see why you don't like him."

"There is always a reason why I do things little snake. Come on pack your bags we will be leaving in a few moments."

His demeanor change quickly so I obeyed him without question.

I walked up to uncle Moony and gave him a hug. "Good luck with the important stuff."

He just chuckled and said, "Thanks cub."

"Do you have all your things?" Dad asked

"Yeah."

"You know the drill. Grab on and don't let go."

I grabbed his arm tightly and we dissaparated.

When I entered the said lounge I saw Ron and Hermione fighting. Of coarse they stopped when they saw us. The tension in the room was thick. They didn't know what to do with my dad. It was kind of funny. 

"Good morning Professor Snape." Hermione tried to break the awkward silence.

"Yeah, Morning." Ron murmured

My dad just nodded. 

We turned our backs from them and went into a more private area, "Samie I already bought all your things. This lot would accompany you to the platform. Please be careful and please behave."

"I'm an angel dad. No need for that." I grinned

My dad just flicked my forehead and  I just rubbed the spot.

"Now just like last year. Do not eat too much sweets. And try to stay with your friends at all times."

"Why?"

"Just listen to me."

"But I want to know why. Don't worry I don't plan on being a loner dad. I have D always with me. But I still want to know why you bother asking me."

"Can't you just listen for once? But fine. There is a breakout from Askaban a mass murderer. I just want you to be safe. Alright little snake?"

"Okay dad. You too be safe." 

He nodded and kissed my forehead but before looking if someone was watching. I chuckled. My dad is so paranoid that someone might see him all soft. 

My dad then left. I ran towards Ron and Hermione and gave them a hug.