Chapter 66

After a while, Draco was then escorted by his parents to their manor for the day. Samie then bid the Malfoy's goodbye while apologizing to Draco.

Severus gently led his daughter to the living room of their quarters. 

Samie tried to speak but then closed her mouth. She didn't know how to start. Luckily, Severus saved her from that awkward moment when he talked. "I am sure you must be confused right now, but just wait until I have finished telling you everything before you ask any questions."

Severus waited for her to respond, but all he got was a nod in return. He would have asked for a verbal confirmation, but he was aware that today had taken a significant toll on her, so he decided to leave it for the time being.

"I did, in fact, lie. I am aware that the mutt *rolls eyes* Black was indeed innocent. Albus came up to me and said that Black would have to be summoned for interrogation if we testified. Knowing how corrupt the Ministry is, they will do everything in their power to hide the truth and still pin the responsibility on Black, which will result in him receiving the dementor's kiss. Which I am confident neither you nor Potter will find appealing. They would rather lie than confess that they made a mistake and placed an innocent man in Azkaban."

Samie looked appalled at how the Ministry works. Then suddenly, she stood up as she remembered, "But didn't they catch Black? How would lying help him? They are waiting to give him the kiss!?"

Severus quickly took her by the shoulders and made her sit down, "Calm down hatchling, I told you to let me finish, didn't I?" he scolded lightly.

Samie gulped and nodded.

"Although I am unaware of the details, I am confident that Albus would take action in response to the situation. It is highly possible that he would help Black escape. Now, do you realize why I have to lie? If I backed Potter up in stating that Black was indeed innocent, the sudden disappearance of Black would be quite suspicious, they may even put the blame on me or worse, Dumbledore himself."

Samie finally understands. She knows Albus was brilliant, but she wouldn't be able to come up with that. Her grandpa Albus has more Slytherin in him than she thought. The last part of the sentence suddenly dawns on her, "Worse? Dad! You taking the blame is the worst thing that could happen!"

Samie looked at him worriedly.

Severus snorted, "From everything that I have said, that is what you focus on? Hatchling, if Albus is blamed, who would manage the school? The Ministry would likely send someone to be the temporary headmaster. And we know that won't be a good idea. In addition, we know that the Dark Lord's only person he feared is Albus Dumbledore."

"Dad, grandpa has a lot of influence and power, surely no one would believe anything negatively pointed at him."

Severus smiled sadly, "You don't know how easily fooled the people are. They easily believe whatever is in the prophet. But never mind that now, I know you are exhausted. Let's get you to bed."

Samie raised her arms as a sign to be carried. 

Severus arched an eyebrow at her, "And here I thought you're grown up. Didn't you tell me that carrying is for, what was it again? for babies?"

Samie grumbled and pouted, "Just for today pleaseeeee, like you said I'm exhausted. You wouldn't want your hatchling to try and walk then suddenly pass out right? My legs are aching and I need my daddy to carry me to bed" She innocently smiled.

Severus rolled his eyes and smirked, he whispered a weight-lifting charm and carried her to her bedroom in his quarters. He tried to act annoyed but deep inside, moments like this are what he cherished most.

He gently placed her in bed. Tucking her in, and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Good night, my little snake", he whispered and went out and went to his own bedroom.

2 hours later, there is a gentle tap on Severus, door. Since Severus was a light sleeper he awakened immediately. Opening his eyes, trying to rub the sleep of it, he saw Samie standing in the doorway.

"Hatchling? Are you alright?" 

Severus can clearly see the nervousness in her stance. She is fidgeting with her fingers, biting her lower lip, and alternating the balance from her feet. For a moment he saw a red-headed girl doing the same and it made him smile at how similar his daughter is to her mother. 

Shaking himself out of that stupor he waited for her to reply

"C-Can I sleep here? I don't really want to be alone right now. I'm having a hard time sleeping." She whispered. 

Severus scooted over and opened the blankets, "Of course, you can close the door and hop in."

Samie closed the door and gently went into the bed. She wrapped her arms around Severus' waist and placed her head on his chest.

Severus looked down at her worriedly. He saw the redness in her eyes and felt the moisture from her body from cold sweat. It then dawned on him what happened, "nightmares?"

She nodded

Severus wandlessly dry her. He kissed her head and whispered, "Sleep, no one would get you while I'm here. You're safe".

Samie closed her eyes and smiled a little. After a moment sleep took over. 

Severus on the other hand was wide awake, looking at his daughter. He was worried not only now but also, on what is about to come. He knows that it would only get worse, especially if he followed through on what Albus has planned for them. On what Albus has planned for her.

 I'm baaackkkkkkk! Sorry for the long wait but I was just so busy with school. Imma graduate high school this June 29!!! Thankkk you for reading and supporting my work. It always makes my day, especially all your witty comments that just make me laugh a lot. Anywaysss I hope you like this chapter! ♥♥♥