Chapter 65

"You did what?" 

"Calm down, hatchling" Severus gently grabbed her shoulders. 

"but-"

Severus sighed and looked at his daughter's eyes, "Do you trust me?"

Samie gulped but nodded. 

Severus smiled a tiny bit, "Then you have to trust me in this. I will explain later."

~ Time Skip ~

"We're not confunded!" Harry roared.

"Minister! Professor!" said Madam Pomfrey angrily. "I must insist that you leave. Potter is my patient, and he should not be distressed!"

"I'm not distressed, I'm trying to tell them what happened!" Harry said furiously. "If they'd just listen-"

But Madam Pomfrey suddenly stuffed a large chunk of chocolate into Harry's mouth; he choked, and she seized the opportunity to force him back onto the bed. "Now, please, Minister, these children need care. Please leave-"

The door opened again. It was Dumbledore. Harry swallowed his mouthful of chocolate with great difficulty and got up again "Professor Dumbledore, Sirius Black-"

"For heaven's sake!" said Madam Pomfrey hysterically. "Is this a hospital wing or not? Headmaster, I must insist"

"My apologies, Poppy, but I need a word with Mr. Potter and Mses. Snape and Granger," said Dumbledore calmly as he placed his hand on Ron's foot. "I have just been talking to Sirius Black" 

You can clearly see the pain in Ron's face but due to the seriousness of the situation, no one seems to pay it mind.

"I suppose he's told you the same fairy tale he's planted in Potter's mind?" spat Snape. "Something about a rat and Pettigrew being alive"

"That, indeed, is Black's story," said Dumbledore, 

"And does my evidence count for nothing?" snarled Snape. "Peter Pettigrew was not in the Shrieking Shack, nor did I see any sign of him on the grounds."

Harry suddenly saw red, "You LIAR! You were there! You saw Pettigrew!"

Severus sneered in Harry's direction, "HOLD YOUR TONGUE! You pathetic little boy. Black bewitched you and clearly, he did a good job even if I hate to admit it."

"We were not bewitched! You were there!-" Harry then looked for Samie. They held eye contact. "Samantha was even there! Ask her!"

Samie froze for a bit as everyone's eyes were on her. Draco who sat on her bed when he woke up earlier held her hand and squeezed it. 

The Minister then approached her. "Would you mind sharing your perspective on this matter, Ms. Snape?"

Samie looked at Harry and saw the desperation in his eyes. She had a hard time taking her eyes away from him. She then saw her father's eyes letting her know that she should trust him. Samie didn't want to anger the both of them so she just chose to be ignorant.

"I apologize Minister, but when I woke up, I hardly remember anything. The only thing that vaguely popped into my mind was being terrified." Samie didn't have to fake the shiver, since she did tell the truth somewhat. She was still a bit scared about what had transpired.

Harry's eyes widened, "You have to remember! Samie, Sirius is innocent! He even helped calm you remember? He held you until you can breathe again! You hated Pettigrew! You even wanted to ki-"

"ENOUGH!" Severus' bellowed. "Minister, Potter is clearly trying to coerce my daughter to agree by putting ridiculous and nonsense babbles on her mind."

"Malfoy's there too!"

Draco who was not at all disturbed to lie said, "Unfortunately, Minister Fudge, Potter, and I had quite different perspectives on the situation. I, on the other hand, remember quite a bit more than S uh Samantha. According to what I recall, Black was not at all soothing her; in fact, Samie was attempting to flee from Black, but Black caught her and trapped her with his body, which I believe was Black's intention. She was attempting to reach Professor Snape due to the fact that Potter stunned him. I am not sure why Potter did it, considering that Professor Snape was actually attempting to save his sorry arse." Samie then elbowed Draco's ribs in warning. Draco winced and glared at her.

"Please excuse my profanity, as I am still a little shaken up from what has just happened. Considering we arrived a little later, we were unaware of what had transpired prior to our interruption. I feel that Potter may be confunded, as Professor Snape previously mentioned unless he was directly involved in helping the criminal." Draco looked Harry in the eyes with an intriguing smirk.

Harry's hatred of Snape was then transferred all to Draco. He was about to reply (more or less throw a tantrum) when Madam Pomphry interrupted, "They need treatment, they need rest-"

"This cannot wait," said Dumbledore. "I must insist." Madam Pomfrey pursed her lips and strode away into her office at the end of the ward, slamming the door behind her. 

Fudge consulted the large gold pocket watch dangling from his waistcoat. "The dementors should have arrived by now," he said. "I'll go and meet them. Dumbledore, I'll see you upstairs."

He crossed to the door and held it open for Snape, but Snape hadn't moved. "You surely don't believe a word of Black's story?" Snape whispered, but still making sure the students heard.

"I wish to speak to Harry, Samie, and Hermione alone." Dumbledore repeated.

Snape took a step toward Dumbledore. "Sirius Black showed he was capable of murder at the age of sixteen," he breathed. "You haven't forgotten that, Headmaster? You haven't forgotten that he once tried to kill me?"

Samie and Draco looked at her father in shock.

"My memory is as good as it ever was, Severus," said Dumbledore quietly.

Severus sneered. He may have gotten carried away a bit. He may not want Black to receive the kiss, he was still furious at him.

"I'll be taking Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Snape with me." 

Dumbledore was about to complain but when he saw Snape's determination, he nodded.

Snape got his daughter and godson and turned on his heel and marched through the door Fudge was still holding. It closed behind them, and Dumbledore turned to Harry and Hermione. 

They both burst into speech at the same time.

I am soooo sorry for the delay :((( But here we are! Another chapter done :)). I am currently getting ready to defend my thesis this Tuesday. Please wish me luck since I think I'm gonna pass out from my nerves. :)) 

♥♥♥