Chapter 29

(Samie's POV)

A few days has passed and it was normal or as normal as it gets at Hogwarts. I have been hanging out with my 'Slytherin Squad'. As much as I would like to hang out with the golden trio I just connect more with my Slytherin Squad. I can relate to them more. All of us have a strict parent. Yes my father loves me and he is sweet but he is also very strict and protective. Uncle Luci is very strict with D and me but especially with D. Uncle Luci is very strict about respect but only gives it to people who deserves it. Pansy's mum always likes her to act proper in public and be graceful just like what Uncle Luci is teaching me. Theo and Blaise's parents are the same, strict. We like complaining to each other about our parents but don't get us wrong we love them but sometimes it gets out of hand.

"Ughh my Dad wants me to attend a dance class on the holidays." Pansy complains

"It is not as bad as what my parents made me do half the summer. I had summer class. Like summer is for fun and rest! Not more school!" Blaise counters

"Holidays are supposed to be fun and rest too Blaise. I don't want to go to dance class and yes it is still a class." Pansy defends herself.

"Me and S went on with our Manners training last summer it was alright at first but then it went on everyday for like 5 days. Luckily S convinced my father to lessen it a bit." D said

"My father made me read atleast 3 books every day. 3 books!! How can I read that fast?!" Theo complained

"Life of being a Slytherin child." I stated and they all nodded in agreement

"ehem" A cold deep monotone voice interrupted us. I became stiff.

"Life of being a Slytherin child is what Ms Snape?" My father asked.

I slowly turned to look at him and I gulped. He has a raised eyebrow. 

"Ohh hello Professor Snape." I said nervously

"Answer the question Ms Snape."

"Ohh you know Life being a Slytherin child is great and awesome because we were discussing our summers and how we spent our vacation." That was not a total lie. We did talked about how great our summer had been but we talked about that on the train and not now.

I knew he wasn't convinced but he let it go.

"Do be quiet you lot. You are not a loud mouth Gryffindor. Now off to class"

"Yes professor" we said

We have DADA next and I'm so excited to see how Uncle Moony do.

We entered the classroom and I saw him at the front desk. He looked at me and smiled so I smiled back.

"Hello  class My name is Remus Lupin and you may call me Professor Lupin. So I heard that you have not yet gotten a decent teacher in Defence Against the Dark Arts am I right?" They all nodded except for the Slytherins. We all gave a verbal answer like a yes sir or yes professor. 

"I am here to change that. I will try my best to teach you and I wish you try your best to learn, listen and do good." 

He went on with his speech. I can see that the other students like him.

"Class dismissed." 

"Hey guys you can go on without me I'll just speak with him."

"Sure see you later S." 

Uncle Moony noticed I stayed behind.

"Be honest cub how did I do?" He asked 

I just giggled and hugged him.

"You did great Uncle Moony. I think the students loved you especially compared to the past DADA Prof."

"Thanks cub so why did stay behind?"

"Nothing just wanted to ask your first day have been Professor Lupin." I teased.

He smirked and ruffled my hair. I pouted

"Why do people like messing my hair?"

"Because cub you are just adorable."

"That is not an A word that I would describe myself. I'm more of an Amazing girl than an Adorable one. You should have know that by now."

He chuckled and said, "Yes you are my amazing cub. Now I think you have atleast 5 more minutes to get to your next class."

"Ohh shoot I have potions next. My dad is going to kill me if I'm late. Bye uncle Moony." 

I said and ran out. Why does the potions room need to be so far from DADA's I ran to the stairs almost tripping. I then saw the Potion room's door. Yes I have a minute to spare. Once I went inside my dad was already there. Shoot. He just looked at me nodded for me to sit.

He went on with his introduction on what to do and what not to do. I really love potions class. Not just because my dad is teaching it but because of the potions itself. I just love learning the properties of each ingredient and how it reacts to combining each ingredients together. It also calms me whenever we start to brew. Unfortunately for todays class Dad only explain the schedule on what we will be doing this school year. 

"Class dismissed." 

Everyone ran out like not wanting to be there any longer. Well except for the Slytherin which only stood up gracefully and walked out in a normal pace.

I was about to leave ,"Miss Snape please remain."

I ushered my friends out and say not to wait for me. After everyone was out I approached my dad.

"Hey dad do you need anything?" I asked a little nervously. I think know what this conversation is going to be about.

"You were almost late.                 Why is that?" He asked 

"Ohh its nothing at least I wasn't late."

 "You are always 10 minutes early for potions class. Why are you almost late.?"

I gulped

"I stayed behind DADA class to greet Uncle Moony."

"I knew it. I should speak to Lupin in getting you late. He does not know how to manage students suitably. He should know that retaining a student after class without a decent purpose is inadequate when a student has a next class to go to."

"Dad stop it. And It isn't his fault. I willingly stayed back to talk to him. He didn't even asked me to stay after class. And I am not late."

"Stop defending him. He is the adult and a teacher. He should know how to deal with students."

"That is so unfair! he didn't even do anything wrong. I wasn't late. No harm done." I was getting angry at my father.

"Do not speak to me in that tone missy. Just get out and have lunch. I don't want to have a repeat of you being late."

I was about to say I wasn't late but he raised an eyebrow on me daring me to continue. I just left and went to the Great hall to find my friends. Another thing I am going to complain to them about.