Chapter 4

(Severus' Pov)

A few minutes have passed since Samie and I arrived home. I have been thinking on how to approach her about her mother and a certain brother. Her birthday is tomorrow and I don't know if I should tell her now or tomorrow on her birthday.

I sighed and massaged the temples of my head. 'I wish you were here Lily. You would know what to do.'

If I tell her now this might ruin her day tomorrow but if I tell her tomorrow then that sure will ruin her day. 'Ugh what should I do?'

Fine I made up my mind. I will tell her later tonight so she can have time to process things. She might even enjoy her birthday tomorrow.

(Samie's Pov)

Something is wrong. I can feel it. I can hear him pace upstairs in his room. He only does that when something is bothering him. 'Is it because of what happened earlier?' I asked myself. But no that shouldn't be the problem. He and uncle Luci already sorted things out.

I went to my room to nap. Today was exhausting.

2 hours later I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said in a groggy voice. I tried to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"Hey my little snake, sorry I have to wake you up."

"No its okay dad I actually woke up a minute before you knocked." If coarse that was a lie. I didn't want him to feel bad. I know something is bothering him.

"Oh alright."

"Dad is there anything wrong you seem anxious when we arrived."

I can see him tensed a bit but it was quicky gone just like it never happened.

"Oh you observe that I think my facade is slipping I may have gone a bit soft. I need to improve." He jokingly said with a smirk.

"Haha dad you know your cold mask doesn't affect me." I squinted my eyes teasingly.

"Does not" He corrected me.

I rolled my eyes, "your cold mask does not affect me. Happy?"

"Very much so"

"So dad why are you really here? I know you want to talk to me about something."

"Observant as always. You remind me so much of your mum. She can also see through the mask I so hard try to put on.".

This is the first time in a very long time that I have heard dad mention anything related to my mum.

"Dad are you okay?"

"Indeed I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well you never mention my mother so why mention her right now?"

He sighed and said, "Little snake, this is what I am here for. I want to ask you if you want to know who your mother is. What she looked liked, what she was like, how she um (he choked) went away. I am giving you the choice to know the news that I am about to tell you if you choose to know."

"Wait is it something bad?"

"Let just say this may be quite a shock to you and i don't want to ruin your day tomorrow. As you know tomorrow is your birthday. I don't even know if you are even ready for this yet."

"Oh okay." I looked down at my hands. I didn't know what to choose. Believe me I want to know of course who doesn't want to know who their mother are and why she died. But I don't want to ruin my mood I am so excited about my birthday and going to Hogwarts so I don't know what to think.

"Its okay Samie, I am here for you if you need me you know that right?"

"Of course daddy but I don't think I'm ready to hear about it." I said looking down.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes but can I ask about her some time in the future when I know Im ready?"

"No problem. I don't even know if I am ready to tell you. But you can always ask me and I will try to answer all your questions truthfully so don't worry."

My dad hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead.

"So do you want to help me make dinner?" My dad asked.

"Duh, I love cooking with you."

He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

After we were done eating my dad got me to bed and tucked me in.

"I'm going to miss this." My dad said

"Hey you'll see me everyday."

"Not that. I mean tucking you in bed. You will have to sleep in your dorm and I can't possibly tuck you in with students watching unless you want me too."

"Yeah your right I'll miss you tucking me in but no I don't want you to tuck me in at school the kids would probably think I'm a baby" I laughed and he chuckled.

He kissed my forehead once more and said good night. He was about to leave but I grabbed his hand.

"Um dad can you sing me to sleep?"

He chuckled again and said, "I thought you are no longer a baby?"

"Yeah yeah you are right."

"I'm just kidding my little snake. I would sing to you and tuck you in anytime you need me even if your 40 years old already."

I giggled and he seated at the bed next to me. He caressed my hair making me a bit more sleepy. Then he started to sing.

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Dumbledore got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

Call me baby if you need your dad
I just want to set your free
come on, come on, come on
Reaching out to you so take a chance

No matter where you go
You know you're not alone

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Dumbledore got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

I slept peacefully that night. One thing that I hate abouts nights is sleeping. I often get dreams that I don't understand but it doesn't feel like ordinary dreams, it feels like memories. Not mine though. Like I can see someone else's life. I often see a little boy sleeping under the cupboards. His parents I think always keeps him there unless he does some chores. I don't know why I'm dreaming about it but it's just probably nothing.