Chapter 59

"He was at school with us; we thought he was our friend," Remus replied

As Samie was trying to get her dad awake, she scoffed at them, "No, Pettigrew's dead." She told them.

"You killed him!" Harry added as he pointed his wand at Sirius. 

Remus quickly stood before Sirius, "No, he didn't. I thought so too until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the map,"

Samie turned her head to Harry, "Harry?"

Harry ignored her and continued, "The map was lying then."

"The map never lies!" Sirius exclaimed, "Pettigrew's alive, and he's right there." He pointed at Ron.

Samie thought that Sirius had really gone mental, but then he looked at Ron or what Ron was holding. Ever since Sirius held her, she was starting to believe that he may be innocent. If Sirius were really here to kill Harry, he would've done so already, since he is a competent wizard as he is the only one who manages to escape Azkaban.

Ron shrieked, "Me!? He's mental!" 

Sirius grumbled, "Not you, Your rat!"

"Scabbers has been in my family for year-"

"12 years! Curiously long life for a common garden rat. He's missing a toe, doesn't he." 

"So what?" Ron replied

Samie was starting to connect the dots as Severus was beginning to stir.

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his-" Samie mumbled

Sirius suddenly pointed at Samie and grinned, "Finger!"

"The dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead! And then he transformed into a rat!" Sirius spat. 

Severus was now conscious and sat up. He looked at her daughter's face to look for any injuries. Severus heard the conversation while he was trying to wake up. 

On the other hand, Sirius tried to grab the rat out of Ron's hand.

"Give it to him, Weasley!" Severus stated.

Everyone turned to look at him. Severus stood up as if he wasn't stunned into unconsciousness. One of the perks of being a spy is, always to be on your toes.

"If what he says is true, you are holding a murderer in your hands." Severus then turned to glare at Sirius. "If you're lying, Black, I swear to Merlin, you would regret it," Snape whispered.

"Scabbers! Leave him alone! Get off him. What are you doing?" Ron wailed as Sirius grabbed the scruff of the rat's neck.

Sirius placed the rat on the old, barely working piano and pointed his wand. The rat tried to run off as Sirius and Remus were attacking it with spells after spells. Severus rolled his eyes at the two adults, whispered the Animagus reversal spell, and pointed it at the rat who almost got away.  

Everyone except Sirius and Remus stood shocked at the outcome. A man that looks like a rat turned up. Samie grabbed his father's outer robe and squeezed it. She was getting a bit more anxious now. 

Pettigrew then pretended to be happy to see them, "Remus, S-sirius? My old friends" He suddenly tried to escape but luckily both Remus and Sirius caught him. They pointed their wands at him. 

Draco, who was fairly quiet, slowly walked to where Snape and Samie were. While they were arguing before Pettigrew showed up, he picked up Snape's discarded wand. As he reached the father and daughter, he gave the wand to Severus. Severus, who looked surprised, nodded at him with a hint of pride.

Pettigrew then turned to Harry," Harry, look at you. You look so much like your father. Like James, we were best of friends, you see-"

Sirius, who got furious, grabbed Pettigrew's shoulder and dragged him away from Harry, "How dare you speak to Harry. How dare you talk about James in front of him!"

Pettigrew ran and tried to grab Samie when Snape stood in front of her daughter and pointed his wand at Pettigrew, "You dare, come near my daughter?" Snape hissed

"Samantha, Samie, I was friends with your mother! Lily wouldn't have let them kill me. She would've spared me!" 

Snape suddenly saw red. "TAKE HER NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! YOU DON'T DESERVE EVEN TO UTTER HER NAME!" Snape shoved Pettigrew hard on the floor and pointed his wand at him. 

Looking at the scenery, it would be a surprise to see Snape, Black, and Lupin teaming up and pointing their wands at Pettigrew. Who would have thought?

Lupin then asked, "You sold James and Lily to Voldemort, didn't you?"

Pettigrew whimpered, "I didn't mean to." 

Samie was mad, so she screamed," What do you mean you didn't mean to, you bastard!"

Draco was holding Samie back.

"The dark lord, you have no idea the weapons he possesses! Ask yourself, Sirius! What would you have done? What would you have done?" Pettigrew tried to turn it on Sirius, but to Samie's shock, Sirius answered without hesitation, "I would have died! I would have died rather than betrayed my friends!"

Pettigrew tried to escape, but Harry stood in front of the exit, "Harry, James wouldn't have wanted me killed! Your dad would have spared me! He would have shown me mercy!"

Remus and Sirius once again dragged Pettigrew back.

"You should have realized, Peter, if Voldemort didn't kill you, we would." Sirius looked at both Remus and Snape.

"Together!"

Another chapter is done! This book is coming to an end, and quite frankly can't wait to start writing the sequel! Thank you again for sticking with me ;). I hope you liked this chapter! If you guys have any suggestions, don't be shy to comment it <3