Chapter 55

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" Severus said to Samie.

Samie was just lying on her bed upside down with her feet up in the sky. She didn't know why she couldn't sleep.

"I don't know. I just can't fall asleep." Samie looked at Severus.

Severus then sat next to her on the bed and brush out the hair sticking on her face. "Do you want some warm milk?" 

Samie put her head on Severus' lap and said, "I just had one. I don't know why but I just feel anxious."

Severus had a thoughtful expression. "I am doing my rounds in a bit. Do you want to accompany me? I think a walk might do you good."

Samie looked up at her father shocked, "Yeah! Wait, is that even allowed?"

Severus smirked, "It is one of the perks of having your father working in your school. Now up you go" Severus lightly tapped her arm.

Samie grinned and stood up. She grabbed her cloak and waited for Severus.

"Come on dad!" Samie complained.

Severus just rolled his eyes at her impatience. Severus placed his hand on her shoulder and gently pushed her to the door. 

Walking side by side, Samie had finally had enough of the silence. "So, why are we walking in the dark again?"

Severus looked at her daughter with a raised eyebrow. "Do you even know why I do rounds?"

Samie nodded confused, "Well, yeah. You go searching for students out of bed. What has that got to do with anything?"

"It's not just for the students, It's for possible intruders. If I lit my wand searching for people, the students or the intruder will be notified that I am near. And what will they do if they see me looking?" Severus asked her daughter.

Samie gave Severus a look of understanding, "Oh, they'll hide from you even more."

Severus then nodded. While walking Samie saw a light glare of a Lumos charm down the hallway. Samie didn't really want to snitch on whoever student that was because she was a student herself and if she was the one sneaking out she didn't want anyone to snitch on her. She tried her best not to let her father notice but unfortunately, he did.

"Come on, I think I saw someone," Severus said.

Samie sighed but nodded. 

The light suddenly went off but Severus lit his wand. I was stunned that it was Harry.

"Potter, what are you doing wandering the corridors at night? " Severus said

"I'm sleepwalking," Harry said

Samie snorted and tried to cover it with a cough. Of all the excuses, Harry thought that sleepwalking was the best bet. Samie gave Harry a look.

"How extraordinary like your father you are Potter. He too was extremely arrogant. Strutting about the castle." Severus monotoned voice said.

Samie gave Harry an apologetic look which Harry nodded at.

"My dad didn't strut and nor do I. Now if you don't mind I will appreciate it if you could lower your wand." Harry frowned

Severus did lower his wand but up to Harry's pockets. 

"Turn out your packets." 

Harry gave Samie a surprised expression. 

Harry then began to talk to Samie using their link.

'Samie, I have the marauder's map with me.'