Chapter 35

(Severus' POV)

I had a long day today. Dunderheads blowing up their cauldrons here and there. I went to my office to start failing these papers.

I was having a massive headache from reading these essays. Potter's handwriting is just an abomination. I cannot understand a thing.

I stood up and got a headache relief potion. My back was facing the door. I noticed someone opened it. When I quickly look to see who is stupid enough to not knock, I was caught off guard. Someone latched itself on to me. Hugging me like it's life depended on it.

I looked down to see who it was. Of course its Samie. I rubbed her back and hugged her.

"Hey hatchling. What did I do to be blessed with this affection?"

She just murmured on my robes.

"Little snake, you know what I feel about murmurs right?"

"Its nothing dad, just missed you." She replied

I unwrapped her arms around my waste. I gently cupped her face to look at her.

"Hatchling tell me what is going on"

I can see her eyes are a bit red. She was crying.

"Hatchling, did someone hurt you? Is it Potter again?"

I saw the panic in her eyes.

"No, no dad. No one has hurt me." She lifted her hands in defense.

"Then, what made you cry?"

"Its really nothing dad. Its silly. Can we not talk about it?"

I can see her getting a little bit uncomfortable.

"I will let it go this time. But you will have to tell me soon hatchling."

I pulled her close to me and she hugged me tightly.

A few weeks has passed since that incident. She became really attached and clingy. I do not mind it at all. I like having her around especially when there is a murderer out and about. I want to always see her.

But I am getting quite worried. She is spending more time with me than with her friends. She seems anxious all the time. She doesn't even go to her dorm to sleep now. She always stays with me at our quarters every night. I was getting too worried, therefore I decided to confront her.

It is night time. We sat on the couch. She was reading a book while leaning her body towards me. While I was enjoying a cup of tea, I placed my arm around her shoulder. She cuddled with me.

"Hatchling are you alright?"

"Yeah" she said

I raised my eyebrow at her.

"I mean, yes. I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"Do not get me wrong here. I love spending time with you. Is there something bothering you? You seem too attached to me."

I saw her tensed a bit.

"Of course I'm attached. Your my daddy and I love you."

"No. This is something more. I do not doubt that you love me but you suddenly became clingy since you tackled me in hug at my office a few weeks ago. I gave you a lot of time to tell me. Can you please tell me now?"

She abruptly hugged me again. This time she was sobbing.

"Little snake, please tell me what is wrong." I asked very worried.

"Please don't leave me." She said

I was confused. What gave her the idea that I will leave.

"Hatchling. I will never leave you. What made you think so?"

"You died."

My heart stopped for a moment. What does that mean?

"Hatchling, I am pretty much alive. Please tell me what happened"

She was sobbing. I carried her to my lap. Her head was on the crook of my neck. I can feel her tears. I was rocking her so she can calm down.

"Bogart" she choked out.

I tighten my hold to her.

"What is your boggart, little snake?"

She cried harder. She is having a hard time to breathe. I took her face to look at me.

"Hatchling, look at me. Can you breathe with me. Inhale........ Exhale ........
Match your breathing with mine Hatchling.  
Inhale.............. Exhale........
Good."

"I didn't get to see my bogart when we were in class because of Harry. I stayed after class to ask uncle Moony why he didn't let Harry fight off his own bogart. He explained to me that he thought it will be you-know-who. He asked me if I wanted try to see my bogart. I agreed because I thought I will be facing a bird of some sort because you know, I'm terrified of birds. When I stood infront of it, I saw.-" she choked at the last part.

She was trying to calm herself. I rubbed her back to ease her nerves.

I let her continue

"When I stood infront of it, it changed into you."

I was shocked. Is she afraid of me? It can't be.

"Ar-are you afraid of me Hatchling?" I asked

Her eyes went wide.

"No, no, no. Its not like that. I saw you dead, yo-you we-were on the floor laying in bl-blo-blood."

I hugged her tightly. My heart dropped. She saw me dead on the floor. I'm glad she isn't traumatized. Or is she?

"Hatchling, I will not leave you on my accord. I know I have to die someday. We all do. But I promise you I will live as long as I can, so I can be with you."

"Please don't get killed daddy."

I just rocked her. In my business, it is really hard especially because I am a spy. I just pray that the dark lord will not be coming back. But I know he will come back, sooner or later. I just really wish it was later.

"I will try me best, Hatchling. I will try my best."