Chapter 78

3 months later...

TaeNa

I sat in front of a vanity mirror, doing my makeup and someone comes from behind holding a hair curling iron, I normally wouldn't have anyone do my hair but today is not an ordinary day. Today is a big day for everyone who is going to attend the event, and it is especially big for me since I am one of the main leads for the event.

Today is the day of my engagement to Nam Daehwan, we could have just done a quiet engagement party with just our family and friends but a certain someone wanted to do it big, it is my mother who wanted to have an engagement party and she would invite everyone that she knows to our engagement party.

She was also the person who used to be the one who objected to our relationship the most and even wanted me to emigrate to another country at some point but it seems that she can be supportive as well, she was the one who forked out most of the money for this party and she says that it is just a small one and the wedding is going to be even bigger than it. But how much bigger does she even want it to be?

We have already rented out the entire ballroom hall that is usually used for the bigger weddings and it is going to be even bigger, I don't even know that my mother loved me that much. I am the middle child and I don't usually get that love and attention that the eldest or the youngest child would get but it seems that she loves me the most because my own older brother didn't have an engagement party and they just jumped straight to the wedding and that was it, but for me, we are going to have a part one and a part two to my wedding.

But I am glad that she finally agreed to allow me to be together with Nam Daehwan, I know that it is sole because of my birth father, he was the main reason why my mother and Nam Daehwan's mother have been at war with each other for the past 20 years but they have recently made up with each other after my birth father has passed away. And so they have been catching up on lost time and being very good friends which is very surprising for me because they never spoke that much to each other for the past 20 years until 3 months ago when they finally put everything behind them and started afresh.

I am happy for them and I am happy for my happily ever after as well, Nam Daehwan and I have been nothing but loving towards each other ever since we started dating and we got engaged as well. He didn't waste any time in proposing to me and he asked my mother for my hand in marriage even before we started to date each other officially, it seems that he is in a rush but he has been waiting for this for a very long time and it has finally come true for him.

It doesn't mean that I am not happy with the engagement, I am more than happy to know that I am going to get engaged with such an amazing person and I am going to get married to him as well, start a family and we are going to live happily together as a couple for the rest of our lives. I am just lucky to have someone who will love me no matter what, not someone who will abandon me once they found out that I am not good at all.

Jeon JungAh finishes up on curling my hair and making sure that it stays bouncy for the next few hours with hairspray and I thanked her after she is done. "Thank you, JungAh."

"It is what I should do as a friend and your bridesmaid, you are looking pretty today." She said to me.

"She is my sister-in-law, of course, she would be pretty." Kim Woori says to her as she hands me a bottle of water. "She has awesome genetics just like my husband who is her older brother and her children are going to turn out beautiful as well."

"I am not married yet, don't say things that have not happened or it will be bad luck," I told my sister-in-law.

"Why would it be bad looks? It is a good thing to born beautiful but the most important thing is to have a beautiful heart or you are going to look like a rotten apple with a pretty appearance on the outside." I clapped for Woori's wise words. "But it is important to find a handsome husband as well for your children to turn out beautiful, I am extremely serious about this."

"I am the only one who is single right now, don't put a curse on me." Jeon JungAh tells both of us and that gave me the chance to poke fun at something that happened a little over 3 months ago.

"It is okay, my younger brother will still want to marry you no matter what," I said to her. "He is still waiting for you to give him an answer officially."

"TaeMin is an angel and he is kind and caring to the people he cares for, that is what he thinks but that is true as well." Kim Woori says to her. "If you like him, tell him that. If you don't like him, also tell him that. At least he knows that you are not giving him a chance and that doesn't make him wait for nothing."

"That's right, tell him today since you guys are going to see each other the entire day. No matter what the outcome, we will not say anything about it and we will respect your decision." Both of them nod our heads at her, hoping for her to give my poor brother an answer that would either make him happy or break his heart today.